- Full Time
Hours per Week: 37.5 hours/week
Start Date: September 1, 2020
Calgary Alternative Support Services (CASS) is seeking for a passionate individual for CAES Intake & Communications Coordinator role. This is a hybrid role consisting of two unique components:
As the Intake & Reporting component of the role; you will assist in program administration roles and responsibilities around intake/onboarding coordination to ensure effective implementation of the Employment Program in accordance with CASS philosophies, policies & procedures and outcomes and expectations of our funders and clientele.
As the Program & Agency Communications component of the role; you will plan, develop and implement the Employment Program's Communications and Marketing Strategy including website and social media platforms. You will also play a vital part in the development and implementation of the Communications and Marketing Strategy for the agency at large. You will require elements of editorial direction, design, production and distribution of CAES promotional material, as well as to ensure articulation and consistency of CASS/CAES brand in all formal program communications.
- Friday from 8:30am
KEY KNOWLEDGE AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Intake Coordinator of client recruitment, selection and intake administration issues.
- Address all elements of intake coordination including, o Accept & respond to program inquiries and referrals (phone, e-mail, direct)
- Track all program referrals in spreadsheet
- sorting by funder
- Triage' and assign referrals based on program vacancy and service match'
- Attend intake meetings to assess support needs and provide program info
- Liaise with PDD and CASS Accountability Officer to process intakes and exits'
- Update CAES client lists and tracking sheets
- Ensure that contract vacancies' and required client numbers are addressed
- Advise Team Lead & Director of any issues around intake/caseload flow' and promotion
Coordination and implementation CAES Marketing and Communications:
- Ensure that CAES website content is accurate and current
- monitor / share analytics
- Keep CAES active on social media platforms. Promote services, events, resources etc.
- Identify evaluation/development considerations for the CAES Branding & Marketing Plan
- Coordinate media interest in CAES and act as the primary media contact
- Promotion of the CAES program and candidates to business for employment outcomes
- Develop working partnerships with business, and other human services organizations
- Verbal and written communications with clients, team members and employers
- Coordinate/assist with campaigns, events and projects supporting inclusion
- Participate in CASS Communications Committee
Qualities & Expectations:
- Understanding & implementation of team concepts and dynamics
- Excellent communication and marketing skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated proficiencies in utilization of Excel, Word and Outlook
- Understanding of ?disability issues' including values, behavioural issues, rapport etc.
- Patience, understanding, and the ability to listen non-judgementally, respect for diversity
- Interest and proficiency in social media platforms, communications and marketing
- Creative, adaptive approach to human services, communications and community engagement
Disability Studies Diploma, Degree or equivalent
The successful candidate will complete the following mandatory training within 60 days of hire:
Emergency First Aid
- Level A CPR & AED
Crisis Prevention & Intervention
Health & Safety Training
Abuse Awareness Training
Introduction to Your Role
Challenging Behaviours (Part I&II)
Workplace Violence and Harassment Training
Infection Prevention and Control
COVID-19 Employee Health & Safety Training
The majority of these courses are offered either online or in-house. Additional training may be required but will be provided with the support of CASS.
Two years' experience, preferably in supported employment. Excellent knowledge of social media platforms, brand development and marketing are essential. Personnel recruitment and training in group facilitation is considered an asset.
A Police Information and Vulnerable Sector Check completed within the last six (6) months.
How to apply?
Please email your resume and cover letter and include your First Name, Last Name and Job Reference number in the subject line.