The Ministry of Immigration and Career Training is an exciting workplace that recognizes and empowers its people, promotes continuous learning and improvement, and provides value for our clients. We offer dynamic and challenging work for talented individuals in an environment that supports innovation, creativity and diversity.
The mission of the Ministry of Immigration and Career Training is to develop, attract and retain a skilled workforce that supports investment and economic growth in Saskatchewan, and helps citizens realize their full potential. It takes great people, working together as a team in order to make this happen. Our core values include providing exceptional customer service, treating others with respect, acting with integrity and upholding our commitment to excellence and innovation as one team. Our team demonstrates these values in our daily behaviours.
- The Information Technology Services Branch of the Ministry of Immigration and Training, providing shared services to the Ministry of Energy and Resources and the Ministry of Trade and Export Development is seeking a Business Analyst in Regina for a 2-year term.
- Reporting to the Acting Director of Information Technology services, your responsibilities will include:
- engage with Ministry staff and stakeholders to analyze current and future business needs;
- develop comprehensive business requirements and business cases;
- evaluate situations and solutions for viability and fit to requirements;
- research best practices, utilize innovative approaches to meet unique business solution needs; and
- ensure compliance with service request processes to support technology across the ministry.
- Success in this role demands:
- knowledge of business needs analysis methodologies and techniques;
- Knowledge of business requirements specification;
- knowledge of process improvement concepts and tools;
- knowledge of change management principles;
- knowledge of project management principles and concepts; and
- Consistent demonstration of the Government of Saskatchewan's Commitment to Excellence including the values of Respect and Integrity, Serving Citizens, Excellence and Innovation (including professionalism), and Acting as One Team (teamwork).
- Typically, the knowledge and experience required to achieve the above is obtained through completion of a degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or an equivalent combination of a degree and related experience.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- As part of the Saskatchewan public service, working for the Ministry of Immigration and Career training provides you:
- The opportunity to work with purpose to create the opportunity for people to build their careers in the province and support provincial employers to have workers with the right skills at the right time to make Saskatchewan the best place in Canada
- to live, to work, to start a business, to get an education, to raise a family and to build a life;
- Professional development and advancement opportunities;
- A comprehensive salary and benefits package including pension;
- Support for work-life balance; and
- Vacation, earned days off (EDO) and other types of leave.
- We are committed to workplace diversity.
Hours of Work: A
- SGEU Office 36
- one day off every two weeks
Criminal Record Check Requirement: The successful candidate shall be subject to a Criminal Record Check as a condition of employment
Number of Openings: 1
Closing Date: Jun 1, 2020, 12:59:00 AM