Affiliation: Management & Exempt
Employment Status: Full-Time Temporary
We're looking for new talent to join us as we reinvent the future of energy. Across BC, we have a diverse team of more than 2,400 employees we can't do without, yet we're growing as fast as ever.
You may think we're your standard utility that delivers natural gas and electricity, but we're also into cool, innovative energy solutions. Think carbon capture, renewable energies and lower-carbon transportation for a start. We believe in creating a cleaner, healthier tomorrow.
If you like meaningful work, a dynamic environment and forward-thinking colleagues, build your career with us. You'll get opportunities to grow, lead, solve, and create. So what are you waiting for? Let's rethink energy together. Position Overview
Reporting to the Digital and Customer Communications Manager, the Digital Communications Advisor plays a leading role in the development of integrated digital strategies and plans, incorporating websites, user experience, search engine optimization, social media, marketing campaigns, email marketing and analytics reporting while enabling cost effective and timely delivery of projects and programs. Responsibilities
Provide leadership in the development of integrated corporate Internet and social media strategies/plans to enable cost effective and timely delivery of projects; Manage and provide leadership in the development of for digital channels; web and social media.; Manage and maintain FortisBC social media channels and liaise with subject matter experts.
Research and make recommendations on new web tools and application, information architecture and navigation to facilitate and augment service, promotions, and the marketing and sales of FortisBC products and services; Consider and clarify issues such as; strategic positioning, site design, graphic standards, site structure, interactivity and online services, content and related issues. Identify and develop cross promotional marketing communications opportunities with others in consultation with marketing; Establish direct e-marketing campaigns; recommend web enhancements.
Liaise with and provide direction to other departments and consultants to improve and develop effective content for social media channels. Recommend appropriate 3rd party or expert research; provide consultative guidance and assistance regarding how social media can support website traffic, opportunities for improvement, and communication alternatives. Recommend and document approved website strategy, concept ideas, page layouts, interactivity and other features.
Act as a project manager in the development of content strategy and the development and implementation of new or revised web-related content, working with internal and/or external organizations.
Develop and monitor performance measures for website effectiveness, prepare summary performance reports, and utilize them to inform and make recommendations. Liaise with other departments and Web Services to develop and implement approved recommendations.
Ensure and maintain currency with website developments, social media, technologies, competitor activities, best practices, etc. Accountable for required budgets in support of web monitoring and communications, including preparation and maintenance. Requirements
- Bachelors' Degree in Marketing, Communications or related discipline plus 4-7 years related experience, with a focus in social media or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage corporate social media, including monitoring, writing, responding to customer inquiries, promotional campaign development and develop reporting
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategic and proactive communications and social marketing initiatives or campaigns to help enhance reputation, strengthen brand identity and build public support
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively including expert writing, interpersonal, diplomacy, and presentation skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage inquiries from the media, public and key stakeholders via social media and provide a response in an educated and professional manner
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically and develop social media campaigns
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate needs and effectively position a company's products, services values and point of view with a wide range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, adaptable and manage deadlines under pressure, ambiguity and change
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver quality results under tight timelines
- Strong initiative, judgment, organizational skills and creative abilities
- Advanced computer software skills (MS Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Hootsuite)
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your