Fundraising & Communications Summer Student (8 weeks, 35 hours)
DeafBlind Ontario Services provides support through Intervenor Services to deafblind adults by providing the visual and auditory information necessary to enable the person who is deafblind to interact with other people and their environment.
- Research individual, corporate and foundation prospects for potential major gifts
- Update service club lists and media contact lists
- Contact service clubs to book presentations for development coordinators
- Assist with planning and other event logistics for DeafBlind Ontario Services' fundraising events
- Assist with planning community awareness events and initiatives
- Produce internal videos and HR recruitment vlog series
- Write potential blog posts and research best blogging practices
- Build content for social accounts and help develop unique content
- Update of current mayors, MPP's & MP's
- Develop reference guide for chairing employee advisory support committee
- Other duties as assigned
To be eligible for this position through the Canada Summer Jobs initiative, you must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
DeafBlind Ontario Services is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities. To receive this job posting in an alternative format or if you require accommodation measures for the selection process, please notify the Recruitment Specialist.
Please note that only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
The position is located in Newmarket and will commence ASAP.