The Digital Marketing Specialist supports our mission of building awareness of the VIU brand and to attract prospective students to consider VIU as their top choice for post-secondary studies. Working on the Nanaimo campus within the Strategic Marketing department, the successful candidate will build and execute digital marketing programs in support of promoting VIU's brand and programs.
Promotions & Campaigns
- Provide expertise, guidance and support to faculties, departments and programs on development of digital marketing strategies
- Undertake various digital marketing initiatives and campaigns to support VIU domestic recruitment
- Create and maintain program-level digital marketing campaign reports, sharing results along with analysis and recommendations for improvement against stated KPIs
- Support the creation of an email marketing strategy
- Create, edit, A/B test, schedule, analyze and optimize emails and email marketing campaigns
- Manage lead and email database
- define and create lists to target different customer/lead segments and personas
- Ensure emails are in full compliance of CASL, CAN-SPAM and other email regulations
- Report on analytics for email marketing campaigns (including but not limited to open rates, CTR, delivery rate, clickthrough rate)
- Implement digital marketing ad spend strategies to meet the institution's recruitment, brand, and project or initiative objectives;
- Manage and monitor digital marketing ad spend and budgets on Facebook, Google, and other platforms, including metrics reporting for multiple departments;
- Execute objectives and optimize campaigns to achieve key results in PPC/SEM campaigns
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Strategize with IT Web and Strategic Marketing managers to set SEO KPIs
- Conduct keyword research and analysis on an enterprise level SEO platform;
- Provide SEO recommendations on how to improve website content;
- Provide optimization recommendations for VIU web page content for internal faculties, programs and departments;
- Create regular reports documenting SEO performance;
- Update website content using a Content Management System
- Utilize digital marketing analytics to analyze data, and recommend action
- Monitor and aggregate campaign data weekly, monthly, and quarterly
- Create presentations reflecting the status of digital marketing activities at the institution
- Track performance of marketing automation campaigns and meet applicable KPIs
- Develop digital strategies that result in growth in lead generation, engagement, retention and conversions.
- Analyze digital marketing results and provide recommendations to Marketing team
- Research and implement customer journeys with email and marketing automation aimed at conversion and customer relationship building
- Participate in evaluating and upholding brand guidelines at all touchpoints, including web properties, digital assets and internal and external digital campaigns.
Bachelor's degree from an appropriately accredited institution. Minimum three years' experience in a marketing role in a professional work environment. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent computer skills across a variety of platforms
- Ability to create and maintain organized work systems
- High attention to detail
- Experience with a variety of digital marketing tools (Mailchimp, Moz, Adwords, Google Analytics, Facebook Business Manager)
- Experience in SEO and SEM (search engine marketing);
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills;
- Experienced with professional, optimized content writing for SEM, social media, content marketing
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Adaptable and flexible in a changing market and work environment
- Ability to work in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment.
- Google Adwords and Google Analytics certified
- Basic HTML and CMS knowledge
- Experience with statistics for data analysis
- Experience with website content creation in a professional or business environment.
- Short-listed candidates must provide original transcripts, or applicable original certifications at time of interview.
- All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
- Vancouver Island University embraces the principle of employment equity and encourages applications from women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and people of Aboriginal descent.