Worker Sub-Type: Regular
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Come be part of something special; join our IoT Professional Services team!
Today, BlackBerry® is a transformed company. We're no longer about the smartphone, but the smart in the phone...and in cars and containers, medical devices and wearables, consumer appliances, industrial machinery, and ultimately the entire Internet of Things (IoT). What we once did for smartphones is what we're now doing for IoT
- envisioning, enabling and securing new forms of communication that are connecting the world in extraordinary new ways. We have the most complete and advanced end-to-end solutions to enable IoT, and our ideas lead the way in the hottest markets like cybersecurity, SaaS, neural networks and autonomous vehicles.
IoT Solutions Division encompasses some of our most innovative technologies including QNX, AtHoc, Secusmart, and Radar. Our technologies are the key ingredient when it comes to connected embedded systems, with our technology being present in over 120 million vehicles on the road today and the secure and crisis communications solutions to governments and organizations around the globe.
Are you the person we're looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager with expertise in critical communications
- crisis and event management as well as secure communications
- to join our Professional Services team. This role will focus on growing our services business with our ecosystem services partners and BlackBerry IoT services for crisis and secure communications and be an integral part our overall software services strategy.
You must possess a strong business and technical background and have recent experience with the intersection of crisis communications, secure communications or managed services in a cloud environment.
Responsibilities include working with the account manager and engineering in planning and/or scoping of services engagements with our customer base, expanding the opportunity for services with our customers and prospects. Identifying needed sales enablement and working with marketing to roll out programs and campaigns to drive growth. Travel worldwide in support of customer opportunities is expected.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Work closely with the IoT services team, account managers, and other external and internal stakeholders to perform customer needs analysis to develop market opportunity assessments to aid in the growth of our services business.
- Onboarding and management of third-party services providers to compliment our services team.
- Support of development and sales of Managed Services
- Work with Engineering, Legal, Finance and other groups to manage each customer engagements in terms of services integration.
- Participating in scoping, estimating and leading coordination with internal and third-party services partners.
- Clearly articulate the value proposition of the crisis and secure communications portfolio, in terms of services potential, to the sales channel and support these channels.
- Develop relationships with key partners to support IoT services growth.
- Participate in the response of various customer requests (RFI/RFQ/RFP) as they pertain to services engagements and coordinate with services partners as needed.
- Travel required (40-60%)
IDEALLY YOU WILL HAVE:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree (e.g. Computer Science, CIS/MIS, Engineering)
- You must have recent managed services or crisis comm/secure comm services experience.
- Experience in selling consulting services.
- Experience with security standards and best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working for the Big 4 or an IoT industry SI is highly desired
Job Family Group Name: Sales
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40