E-Commerce Manager_ Bixler’s Jeweler’s
WHO WE ARE:
We are Bixler’s Jeweler’s : a multibranded international consumer jewelry manufacturer and retailer including a luxury diamond brand, Devotions Diamonds, and in addition operates jewelry stores in twenty-two US and Canadian markets featuring brands such as Rolex, David Yurman, Pandora, Alex and Ani, Perrywinkle's
We are independently owned and have been a success story for over 30 years, yet we operate like a startup. With a leadership team driven by an entrepreneurial spirit, our passion is building lasting relationships with clients and staff in a scrappy, fun environment.
Our business is growing exponentially and we just launched a new Marketing Agency. The agency will be Headquartered in Montreal to serve both the parent company and all of its brands as well as serving the role of third party marketing agency to outside clients in the industry in which we operate.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As E-Commerce manager you will be responsible for increasing sales and managing the strategic planning and development for the e-Commerce business for our different brands. This position is both strategic and tactical and the right candidate will get in on the ground floor with potential for huge growth.
You will build, manage and coach a team of e-commerce experts both front and back end developers including any overseas team. A working knowledge of front end development and IT systems is important as it pertains to launching and maintaining new and legacy websites on a range of platforms (WordPress, Magento, etc ) You must demonstrate your ability to drive clicks to bricks as well as to e-store .
Working within a cross functional team, including Merchandising, you will develop category-specific business plans, strategies & tactics that will drive sales, gross margin, and customer satisfaction. Identify online merchandising themes (trends, galleries, etc.) that will serve as features / hero stories, working with Marketing to build these into a monthly calendar.
Review, analyze & communicate results weekly, monthly and quarterly, driving decision-making that will increase conversion and optimize user experience, improving product presentation, navigation, cross-sells, and other merchandising opportunities.
Build an online merchandising experience through content/imagery/graphics for all launches, product movement and day to day optimization that enhances the brand and drives conversion.
Identify, recommend and take advantage of emerging technologies which drive efficiencies and business impact
Partner with operations to ensure fulfilment and logistics are timely, accurate, and go above and beyond for our customers by building and maintaining effective backend integrations.
Manage all needs for the e-Commerce platform as well as any integrations for future technologies
Deep knowledge of all best practice e-commerce strategies and tactics is required but bleeding edge thinking and business creativity to drive results through the creation of KPIs and always checking back against ROI guidelines is expected.
SKILLS YOU BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related program,.
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in an e-Commerce and Digital Marketing role.
- Successful track record e-Commerce growth and bottom line results.
- Knowledge of web performance including: CDN, website optimization, DNS, Domain services, Load balancing, bandwidth usage
- Knowledge of web security including: Firewalls, Encryption, Access and Authentication, DDoS Protection, WAF, SSL
- Proven experience in building, developing and managing a North American e-
- Commerce business.
- Experience working in the luxury space
- Eagerness to work in a small (but mighty!) office that collaborates daily with colleagues in multiple locations around the world
- Great attitude, a strong team player who is capable of driving consensus and buy-in across a broad array of stakeholders – including the leadership team – with an exceptional ability to develop and enhance cooperative & productive working relationships.
- Skilled problem solver and ability to adapt to the frequently changing needs of the business.
- Ability to influence key stakeholders, as well as initiate and drive change.
- Proven ability to work in a self-directed manner, taking initiative to resolve issues and improve processes, while establishing strong working relationships with co-workers and cross-functional teams.
- Sharp analytical and strategic thinking skills, with advanced computer & web knowledge.
- Passion for and solid knowledge of the omni channel landscape (retail, eCommerce and Mobile).
- Good time management, negotiation and organizational skills, with ability to multi-task.
- Meticulous detail-oriented, deadline-driven, organized; comfortable with variable workloads and adapting to new business challenges; customer-service-focused; eager to learn
- Strong proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and dashboard creation
- Bilingual (English & French) with strong written and verbal communication skills.