Req ID: 140112
Company: Nova Scotia Health
Location: Eastern Zone - Health Park
Department : Continuing Care
Type of Employment: Permanent Hourly FT ( 100% FTE) x 1 position(s)
Status: MGMT/NON-Union Management/Non Union Position
Posting Closing Date: 2-Dec-22
Nova Scotia Health is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia, with some specialized services also offered to clients throughout Atlantic Canada. We're on a mission to achieve excellence in health, healing and learning through working together, which is reflected in the hospitals, health centres and community-based programs we operate across the province. Our passionate team of professionals provides a variety of high-quality inpatient and outpatient services including academic, tertiary, and quaternary care, as well as continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions. Join a diverse team of innovators, collaborators and creative thinkers today.
Nova Scotia Health employs professionals in all corners of our beautiful province. We believe there's a place here for everyone to call home, from vibrant cities with exuberant nightlife to quaint towns with picturesque trails. The work-life balance that comes with an Nova Scotia Health role means you'll have the time to explore, discover, and participate in that coveted Atlantic lifestyle. Visit us today and check out www.novascotia.com to see why more people from across the globe are moving here.
About The Opportunity
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing comprehensive administrative support to the Director by effectively coordinating the day-to-day operation of the Director's office. The position coordinates all administrative activities, establishes administrative procedures and guidelines and acts as a liaison with the administrative assistants within the portfolio and across the health authority. This position provides additional support to individuals, committees or working groups as assigned, as well as supports other members of the Continuing Care Leadership Group as required. This position works closely with the Administrative Assistant to the Senior Director, Continuing Care.
We would love to hear from you if you have the following:
- Post-Secondary diploma in a recognized office administration, business administration or secretarial program.
- Minimum of three (3) years' of progressively responsible experience, providing administrative support and office coordination, preferably within healthcare and within an integrated service model provided throughout several locations with multiple partners and stakeholders.
- Undergraduate degree is an asset.
- International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP) certification is an asset.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, prioritizing and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated competencies requiring advanced skills and abilities in all facets of modern office practices and technology and with information and meeting technologies (including Microsoft Office and Outlook).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, high degree of tact, judgment and confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Please ensure your resume is up to date and includes all relevant education, experience, training, and certifications.
- Permanent Full-time Position; 75 hours bi-weekly
Compensation and Incentives
$22.31 - $27.88 Hourly
Successful candidates may be eligible for our benefits package which includes health, dental, travel, long-term disability, and life insurance coverage as well as a defined benefit pension plan.
Once You've Applied
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
This is a Management/Non Union bargaining unit position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions. Employees are encouraged to view their seniority hours and dates in their SuccessFactors online profile. Successful applicants changing unions, bargaining units or employment status, are advised to seek clarification regarding their seniority, benefits, and vacation entitlement and/or usage, prior to accepting the position.
As per the COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Protocol in High-Risk Settings, Nova Scotia Health requires all team members to be fully vaccinated by November 30th, 2021.
Nova Scotia Health is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We encourage all qualified applicants who self-identify as Indigenous, Black/African Nova Scotian, Persons of Colour, Immigrants/Newcomers, Persons with Disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+ to apply and self-identify.