EndPovertyEdmonton is a community initiative working towards prosperity for all through advancing reconciliation, the elimination of racism, an inclusive economy, affordable housing, accessible and affordable transit, affordable and quality childcare, and access to mental health services and addiction support.
Together, we're changing the conversation on poverty and ensuring every Edmontonian can thrive.
The Role - The salary range is $92,000-$114,000 per year.
The Director of Marketing and Communications reports directly to the executive director oversees all strategic communications efforts for the agency, and will be tasked with building the communications and marketing team from the ground up. The ideal candidate would be a strategic communicator, an exemplary storyteller and someone who cares deeply about reducing poverty in our city.
- Collaborates with EndPovertyEdmonton leadership and staff to develop and implement the agency's overall marketing and communications strategy.
- Conceptualizes and develops integrated communications plans, ideas, and opportunities.
- Provides strategic advice to the EndPovertyEdmonton team to advance the communications goals organization.
- Seeks out opportunities to amplify EndPovertyEdmonton's work.
- Writes and edits all agency-related communications, including but not limited to blogs, reports, news releases and digital communications.
- Develops key messages and strategies to communicate complex information to multiple audiences and stakeholders.
- Develop plans and tactics for social media, leveraging best practices.
- Using analytics optimizes and maintains EPE's website.
- Identifies, builds, and leverages vital relationships with influential stakeholders internally and externally, locally, provincially, nationally, and internationally.
- Identifies speaking engagements that will leverage the agency's work.
- Keeps abreast of relevant issues and trends related to poverty elimination and understands/communicates their impact on current and future work of EndPovertyEdmonton.
- Establishes relationships with key local media outlets and conducts interviews and engagement opportunities.
- Acts as a spokesperson when required
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A solid commitment to ending poverty in Edmonton.
- A degree in communications or marketing and having taken coursework related to corporate communications, technical writing, and social media management.
- Accreditation with CPRS or IABC would be considered an asset.
- 7-10 years of progressively responsible experience in marketing and communication, with 2-3 years of experience in a managing role.
- Strong copywriting and editing skills, along with attention to detail. Familiarity with CP Style would be considered an asset.
- Planning, project management, and resource management skills are essential. Project management coursework would be considered an asset.
- Provide expert advice to a complex organization with a demonstrated problem-solving ability.
- Expertise in visual and graphic design with Canva or Adobe Creative Suite software.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage and relate to diverse groups of people.
- Experience using Google Analytics to evaluate and provide recommendations.
TOP BENEFITS OR PERKS:
As a team member at Endpovertyedmonton, you'll enjoy the following:
- Health care, dental insurance, life insurance, and matching RRSP contributions.
- Career development: EndPovertyEdmonton supports the ongoing professional development of its employees.
- Flexible/Hybrid work arrangements.
- Transit pass/ticket reimbursement.
- Mileage reimbursement.
- The number of vacation days earned by permanent employees reflects the years of career service accumulated within and outside EndPovertyEdmonton.
Our office is centrally located in downtown Edmonton with access to transit, the LRT, and parking. Numerous amenities are accessible near the office.
To apply, please send your resume by December 7, 2022. Thank you for your interest, and we look forward to meeting you!