We are looking for an Executive Vice President, Marketing & Chief Digital Officer to lead an exceptional group of diverse, highly ambitious, and creative marketers and to drive forward digital transformation and strategies throughout our businesses. You will be responsible for overseeing the planning, development, and execution of Northland's marketing initiatives, and play a key role in our growth through your creative influence and contributions to our business strategy. In this role, you will report directly to the President & COO while working with senior decision-makers across our organization to provide guidance on brand strategies and successfully drive Northland's digital transition.
If you are passionate about growth, challenge, connection, and people, and are looking to create true change, this is the job for you.
- Lead a team of marketing/digital leaders to increase global connections, digital transactions, revenue, and guest counts.
- Create and pursue an omni-channel marketing strategy in alignment with sales and operational goals.
- Lead digital transformation by challenging / optimizing existing go-to-market strategies and internal processes.
- Coach brand category leaders in the development of regional marketing plans, budgets, and resource plans that meet business needs and market trends.
- Drive market effectiveness and share marketing best practices with brands to ensure marketing strategies are in place to drive direction and increased brand awareness.
- Benchmark target market strategies and create templates for new marketing activities, including due diligence, integration, and communication plans.
- Work with operational teams to design, test and implement programs that drive loyalty and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) strategies that develop long term relationships with guests and help improve lifetime value.
- Establish and champion benchmarks to determine effectiveness of marketing programs and support decision making; define key marketing KPIs and design marketing dashboards to increase executive and operational visibility.
- Provide insights into guest experience function to drive demand and advocate for data-informed improvements in the guest experience for each brand.
- Select and develop appropriate digital channels to drive profitable program growth.
- Build and support sustainable relationships with key business partners (e.g., Online Travel Agencies).
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to improve the guests' digital experience.
- Promote a mobile-first approach to engage stakeholders (guests, lead-generators / aggregators, technicians, staff, etc.) while ensuring that stakeholders are equipped to handle digital tools in the field (training, devices, etc.).
- Develop and cultivate talent, engage, and coach employees, and foster an organizational culture that aligns employee and team performance with strategic goals and objectives, including oversight into internal and external brand communications and public relations.
- Collaborate cross-functionally as part of the executive leadership team to make high-level decisions regarding the overall direction of Northland.
- 15+ years of professional experience in marketing, business development or strategy planning roles with increasing scope of responsibility.
- 5+ years leading at the executive level.
- Business degree. An advanced degree in marketing, communications, technology, or an MBA could be beneficial.
- Strong leadership skills, with capability of developing a global team within a matrix-based organisation.
- Thorough knowledge of marketing principles, brand, product, and service management.
- Passionate customer advocacy.
- Solid knowledge of the marketing and commerce technology stack.
- Strong analytical and data driven decision-making skills.
- Deep understanding of evolving market dynamics.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience developing and deploying loyalty programs.
- Experience working in a companies with multiple/diverse lines of business
- Ability to appropriately balance priorities to dive deep or move up to big picture with ease across multiple business lines
- Being flexible, adaptable, and an innovator possessing an entrepreneurial spirit would be beneficial.
- Client-side experience within travel, hospitality or food & beverage would be beneficial.
At Northland Properties, we value diversity and welcome applicants from any background.
For more information on our Northland's story, brands, journey, team and how we care, visit northland.ca