At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We're also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion - find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
Our creative team is seeking an experienced and passionate full-time Motion Designer with proven work in broadcast / digital / film / commercial or production capacities to work on our sports properties. Your thirst for quality work, current cultural trends, and all things creative is complimented with exceptional animation skills and interest in sports (NBA, NHL, MLB, etc.). You love to think different, ideate and take ownership of projects; these are just a couple of the reasons you love what you do.
What You Will Be Doing...
- Embraces design and motion direction to bring to life ideas, storyboards and strategies for campaigns, production designs and all types of branding initiatives
- Partner with our sales group and clients to bring new ideas and amplify creative collaboratively
- Conceptualize and execute compelling designs from a blank canvas state
- Be an ambassador of, and support network brands and extensions
- Work collaboratively with all members of the team and other business areas to ensure all our brand offerings in Sports & Media are unified and strong
- Report to the Art Director within a collaborative team of designers
What You Will Bring...
- Strong portfolio/motion reel with professional work examples that demonstrate concept development with excellent use of typography, composition, motion language, camera work and pace
- A strong understanding of animation and editing processes and how to bridge the two to create cool content
- Demonstrate full technical and practical knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (specifically After Effects & Photoshop) and how you go beyond knowing what the tools do
- experience in Cinema 4D will be highly advantageous (modelling / lighting / special effects / dynamic camera movement & texturing).
- Professional experience working in a post-production or in-house environment, with a strong understanding of how to work with groups of all sizes to execute on big ideas
- Ability to work under the pressure of quick turnarounds and rise to creative challenges under tight deadlines
- Commitment to your own personal career growth with aspirations of elevating your craft
- All applicants must include a link to their portfolio/reel with recent examples of their work.
Here's What You Can Expect In Return
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Working in concert with your manager, a hybrid split between in-office and at-home work
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the ?what? and the ?how
Schedule Full time
Length of Contract Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements No Selection
Posting Category/Function Broadcasting & Creative
Requisition ID 275191
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes Rogers Sports & Media