MRC Global serves the oil and gas industry across the upstream, midstream and downstream sectors as well as the chemical and gas distribution market sectors worldwide. We have an immediate opening for a Counter Sales Representative
Job Purpose: Responsible for processing orders received by mail, telephone, or personally from customer or company employees, and entering into SIMS. Orders may include company-wide range of products, such as pipe, valves, fittings, and electrical products.
Individual must be able to perform the essential duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Enter and maintain purchase orders, customer orders, procurement match, and trade discounts as needed;
- Monitor both pro-active and customer driven expedition of material;
- Maintain knowledge of current price levels of material; update contracts and price lists as needed;
- Obtain price quotes from vendors for resale to customers;
- Answer immediate and periodic requests from internal and external customers and branches pertaining to the sales functions, including warehouse errors, shortages, and damaged and wrong material;
- Transfer or remove excess and/or dead stock from branches;
- Set up correct description of all inventory items; add new inventory to system as needed;
- Maintain various records and files, including rebate files, stock transactions, price catalogs, customer lists, product catalogs, and discounts;
- Handle confidential information related to product and resale costs;
- Unload material, tools, and equipment from vendor trucks; inspect material for minimum MRC Global quality requirements;
- Maintain site inventory by assisting in inventory audits;
- Stock and transfer material, tools, and equipment to appropriate shelf, bin, rack, or pipe bundle by a predetermined sequence, including bin location, size, type, style, and length;
- Mark material with correct identifying information;
- Assemble customer orders from stock and package orders in boxes and pallets as per customer requirements;
- Pull orders for delivery and stock-to-stock transfer; load onto correct truck or transfer to packing area using a forklift;
- Prepare documentation for UPS, LTL, SH, or Air shipments;
- Enter appropriate inventory (incoming and outgoing) information into MRC Global specific software, as needed;
- Maintain warehouse cleanliness in compliance with OSHA and MRC Global safety policies;
- Perform other departmental duties or projects as assigned;
- Take reasonable care for the safety and health of yourself and others; report workplace hazards, injuries, or illness immediately.
Any combination of requirements, which provide knowledge and abilities necessary to perform essential duties and responsibilities, will be considered.
- High school diploma or a GED (General Education Degree);
- Two years of warehouse experience, either with MRC Global or with a similar work environment;
- Thorough knowledge of material and products offered by MRC Global; general knowledge of pricing for PVF materials;
- Ability to learn MRC Global specific software and scanning; ability to become certified on and adequately operate forklift trucks, overhead cranes, and other warehouse equipment;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Customer service; strong reasoning, math and analytical skills, organizational and time management; ability to establish working rapport with local management, corporate employees, and other branch personnel using proper phone etiquette and other effective interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to provide documentation verifying legal work status;
- Ability to read and speak the English language proficiently in order to communicate with others, understand and interpret safety instructions, and to respond to inquiries;
- Ability to understand and comply with MRC guidelines and expectations, to include Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest guidelines.
For position-specific details regarding the physical and mental demands and working conditions, contact Human Resources. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform essential functions.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.