Competition No. -
Posting Date -
Aug 16, 2022
Closing Date -
Aug 23, 2022
Position Type -
Full Time - Operating Funded
Salary Range -
$53,288 to $71,948 per year
This competition is restricted to internal applicants of the University of Alberta. Please indicate your internal status using the "Advertisement" drop down menu when applying.
This position offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty & Staff Benefits.
This position is a part of the Non-Academic Staff Association (NASA).
Location - Work primarily takes place at Augustana (Camrose, Alberta) location.
Working for the University of Alberta
The University of Alberta acknowledges that we are located on Treaty 6 territory, and respects the histories, languages and cultures of First Nations, Métis, Inuit and all First Peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our vibrant community.
The University of Alberta is teeming with change makers, community builders, and world shapers who lead with purpose each and every day. We are home to more than 40,000 students in 200+ undergraduate and 500+ graduate programs, over 13,000 faculty and staff, 260,000 alumni worldwide and have been recognized as one of Canada's Greenest Employers for over a decade.
Your work will have a meaningful influence on a fascinating cross section of people-from our students and stakeholders, to our renowned researchers and innovators who are quite literally curing diseases, making discoveries and generating solutions that make the world healthier, safer, stronger, and more just.
Jointly reporting to the Manager, Student Life (Augustana) and the Director of Athletics (North Campus), the incumbent provides a full range of administrative and communications support and coordination for the Athletic Departments on Augustana Campus and North Campus.
- Liaises with the Alberta Colleges Athletic Conference (ACAC) in regards to scheduling, awards & general enquiries
- Represents Augustana on ACAC governance council and committees
- Arranges for the copying and distribution of necessary Waiver Forms, Workers' Compensation Forms and other documents
- Coordinates and distributes athletic team schedules, tickets and posters.
- Sorts, distributes and/or files items into current working files, maintains file systems both computer and hard copy
- Updates website and social media accounts regularly.
- Assists in arranging team travel and other away game logistics.
- Coordinates gym and field bookings
- Coordinates vendors and purchasing
- Coordinates student athlete health and wellness services including selection and training of student athletic trainers and oversees the Athletic Trainer operations.
- Liaises with officials associations for competitions
- Oversees and supports the University Athletics Board
- Meets regularly with coaches to provide direction on policies and procedures.
- Participates in coach evaluation.
- Prepares and assists in the design of promotional brochures for events and programs
- Assists with the Athletics Awards Event
- Leads the athletic awards selection process.
- Compiles database for student awards
- Assists in the organization and delivery of fundraisers such as Adopt-A-Viking
- Manages special projects as required
- Acts as a resource person for all activities and events
- Gathers information; prepares, verifies and maintains student-athlete eligibility lists
- Inputs, updates and maintains information on a web-based conf-link system operated and maintained by the Alberta Colleges Athletic Conference (ACAC)
- Ensures that guidelines set by the ACAC (or other relevant conference) are followed
- Maintains participant records (150-200)
- Answers enquiries and comments from camp registrants and liaises with each Head Coach
- Maintains financial records including deposits and refunds using the online store, cash, cheque and credit card.
- Collects & manages fees for various programs such as Summer Camps
- Assists in the creation of risk management checklists and summer camp procedure books for the staff at each camp
- Plans and implements student athlete orientation at the beginning of the academic year
- Participates in safety planning
Golden Bears & Pandas Athletics
- Attends Golden Bears & Pandas Athletics weekly staff meetings and other ad hoc meetings as requested
- Completes administrative duties for North Campus as assigned by the Director of Athletics
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree required with related work experience
- Ability to work in a complex, interdisciplinary environment
- Knowledge of University environment, its regulations, policies and procedures is a definite asset
- Strong problem solving, facilitation, organization and time management skills
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Strong working skills in Microsoft Office and G Suite
- Must possess a positive facilitative attitude, strong interpersonal skills, sound judgment and decision-making skills, ability to set priorities, flexibility and a professional demeanor.
How to Apply
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.The University of Alberta is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We encourage women; First Nations, MÃ©tis and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; persons with disabilities; persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression; and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the University to apply.