Location: Remote in Toronto
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Hours: Mon-Fri, 40 hours/week
Perks of joining HomeStars:
- All our roles are currently remote. Office equipment supplied!
- Equity in the business: Share in HomeStars' success with a $5,000/year grant
- Comprehensive benefits package. We want our employees to stay healthy!
- Monthly wellness activities to support your mental and physical health
- Home Improvement Credit: All employees receive a yearly credit to use toward a service from HomeStars
- December Closure: Our whole team takes a break in the last week of December, every year
- Personal Days: 5 extra days off per year, on top of vacation and sick days
- Beautiful brick & beam office in the heart of Toronto's entertainment district, including a rec room with lounge, ping pong, darts, and foosball
- Reporting to the SVP Revenue, you are responsible for developing and executing sales strategies that drive revenue for the company, growing our Sales team and driving performance by monitoring and reporting on sales goals and adjusting tactics as needed to reach them. As part of the Leadership team, the VP of Sales will also work closely with other executives to drive strategic direction and resource allocation for the company.
Your typical day at HomeStars:
- Motivate and lead the sales team to consistently meet or exceed quarterly revenue targets
- Identify new sales opportunities and build client relationships
- Work closely with CS, marketing, and product teams to communicate client feedback and to understand new feature launches
- Lead & manage headcount planning for the sales organization
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition on hiring qualified candidates and move them quickly in the interview process
- Bring and build a strong sales playbook for HomeStars
- Provide detailed sales forecasting
- Develop and implement strategic plans for actualizing sales targets
- Architect, setup, and uphold strong CRM upkeep expectations within Salesforce
- Review customer activity, anticipate consumer needs and improve customer satisfaction
- Analyze market trends and plan sales strategies accordingly
- Track, analyze and present sales metrics to the leadership team
- Develop and communicate revenue targets to management, and individual sales goals to the sales team
- Create good rapport with customers to develop and maintain trustworthiness
- Effectively manage and improve processes around training and orientation of new hires
- Establish daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly targets to act as a guideline that enables measurement of individual and group performance
- 5-7 years of proven experience in either B2B, digital sales or SaaS sales
- Experience managing a high-performing sales organization at a SaaS company, scaling a sales team and driving revenue growth
- A growth mindset
- Proven experience as a VP of Sales or similar role
- Experience working within a headcount plan to grow sales professionals and revenue
- Track record of building strong team engagement and retention
- Data driven with strong analytical skills for reporting and forecasting
- Energized working in a fast-paced environment
- In-depth knowledge of selling strategies and methods, as well as employee motivation techniques
- Strong working knowledge of the company's product, competitive products and the market
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Exceptional strategic planning, organizational and creative thinking skills
HomeStars is Canada's leading platform connecting homeowners with qualified service professionals for their home improvement needs. Every month, over half a million homeowners visit HomeStars to research and select the best-rated professionals nearby. Check out homestars.com to learn more!
HomeStars Core Values
Our Core Values are woven into everything we do. They guide how we behave, how we act, and what we will aspire to be. They underpin the culture of HomeStars and act as drivers for impact, personal growth, and collective performance.
Customer Obsessed: When our customers thrive, we thrive. We put their needs first.
Think Big: We think without limits. We believe in the possible.
Embrace Candor: We speak up, listen and challenge respectfully.
Act Like an Owner: We're invested, we own our outcomes.
Bias for Action: We take action to accelerate our success. Speed matters.
We're Stronger Together: Our differences empower us, our will to win unites us.
HomeStars has recently been recognized as:
Great Place to Work® CertifiedTM
Best Workplaces for Hybrid Work, Canada 2022
Best Workplaces Managed by Women, Canada 2021
Best Workplaces in Technology, Canada 2020
Best Workplaces for Today's Youth, Canada 2020
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.