Job Description :
Full Stack Senior Developer
Mediabox (www.mymediabox.com) a subsidiary of Jonas Software is the leader in online business applications SaaS (software-as-a-service), for digital asset management, creative workflows and royalty management, and are used daily by over 100 ?high-profile? Media, Entertainment and Consumer Product licensing companies and 33,000+ business End Users in 120+ countries. The company is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia with an additional office in Cincinnati, Ohio and is owned by Jonas a 100% owned subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc., headquartered in Toronto and traded on the S&P/TSX 60.
MyMediabox is growing at a steady pace and we are currently seeking a full-time Full Stack Senior Developer to join our R&D Team in Halifax, NS
Reporting to the Manager of R&D, The Senior Software Developer is a critical member of a nimble and talented DevOps development team using Agile SDLC methodologies to deliver B2B Software-as-a-Service applications that are used globally 24x365. The Senior Software Developer is responsible for the continued enhancements of our enterprise web applications, third-party integrations, designing and developing scalable new applications and modules, maintaining and improving performance, recognizing and correcting system deficiencies, ensuring adherence to development best practices and standards, and is a team player with a strong focus on customer satisfaction. This position may provide mentorship and guidance for a small number of less experienced team members in the local office and remote offices in the USA and Canada.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
The ideal candidate will have an extensive background in software development, a current passion for C# .NET MVC multi-tenant enterprise applications and be a creative and self-motivated problem solver that takes ownership and pride in the quality of their work. The core responsibilities of this position are, but not limited to:
- Customer Focus: Maintain continual awareness that your job output directly impacts the entire organization (internal customers) and our clients (external customers).
- Creativity: Develop innovative solutions to software problems that maintain a high degree of quality and keep our external and internal customers happy.
- Time Management: Suggest and follow efficient processes and create scalable tools to achieve a high level of productivity, maintain exemplary application performance, and coordinate timely development response to critical customer issues in our DevOps environment.
- Follow established SDLC methodologies, manage work in JIRA tickets, and efficiently work with source code in Git.
- Problem Solving: Continually find new ways to find application functionality and performance problems and establish effective and innovative ways to resolve and prevent or detect their recurrence so we address them before customers notify us.
- Mentor and guide junior development resources to contribute to the team more effectively, both in the Cincinnati/Blue Ash office and our remote offices in Atlanta and Canada.
- Review and contribute to technical design specifications, diagrams, wireframes, and client Statements of Work to address both functional and non-functional requirements.
- Stay abreast of emerging software technologies and take initiative in their adoption when they are a good fit for the company (e.g., Docker containers, microservices, serverless, machine learning, noSQL, etc.).
- Adopt and comply with evolving security and privacy standards and regulations (e.g, PCI, GDPR, CCPA, Privacy Shield, at-rest, and in-transit encryption, pseudonymization, anonymization, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS :
- Minimum of 10 years of full-stack software development experience encompassing UI, middleware, database, and storage technologies.
- Minimum of 3 years of C# .NET experience using MVC and complex data modeling in MS SQL Server, as well as other web-centric frameworks.
- Results are the currency of Software Development. Be ready to illustrate your past results and/or demonstrate how you apply your skills to your work.
- Experience with ReactJS, Couchbase, Elasticsearch, Docker Containers, and Machine Learning are all plusses.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively in writing and verbally as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Learning on the Fly: Be ready and willing to jump in to learn new aspects of existing systems and new systems, as well as new frameworks and technologies, unprompted and with or without formal training because it is fun and just what we do!
- Composure: Ability to calmly focus on the task at hand, both in short-term pressure situations (the site is down!!) and long-term pressure situations (this is due at the end of the week) Composure, you quietly get the job done with the best possible result in the time given.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google G-Suite tools, webinar tools, and Internet-based collaboration systems and programs. This is a full-time position in a very busy development office.
Business Unit:Jonas Halifax
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Number of Openings Available:1
More About Jonas Software :
Jonas Software is the leading provider of enterprise management software solutions to the Country and Golf Clubs, Foodservice, Construction, Fitness & Sports, Attractions, Salon & Spa, Education, Radiology/Laboratory Information Systems, and Product Licensing industries. Within these vertical markets, Jonas is made up of over 65 distinct brands, which are respected and leaders within their own domain.
Jonas' vision is to be the branded global leader across the aforementioned vertical markets and to be recognized by customers and respective industry stakeholders as the trusted provider of ?Software for Life' and as an ambassador for technology, product innovation, quality, and customer service.
Jonas Software is the valued technology partner of over 60,000 customers worldwide in more than 30 countries. Jonas employs over 2,000 skilled individuals consisting of a cross-section of industry experts and technology professionals. Jonas is headquartered in Canada and also operates offices throughout North America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Australia New Zealand and Africa. Jonas is a 100% owned subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc., headquartered in Toronto and traded on the S&P/TSX 60.