Sales Representative - Turfgrass and Ornamental
Looking to build your career in an exciting industry and a growing world-class organization? Come see why so many of our team members recommend us to their friends!
Who are we?
Target Specialty Products is proud to be a leading wholesale distributor of specialty agricultural chemicals, application equipment, products, supplies, services and education. Target serves the United States and Canada from 43 conveniently located branch locations and provides products and services to the following industries, in both the private and public sector: structural pest control, landscape construction and maintenance, golf course maintenance and turf-grass maintenance, production nursery, industrial vegetation management, aquatic, forestry and vector control.Responsibilities :
What do our Sales Representatives do?
Sales Representatives will join a results-oriented environment where they will proceed through a comprehensive training program to learn and understand our turf and ornamental products. They call on a full spectrum of golf, lawncare and professional turf market segments. This role enjoys an atmosphere of autonomy, travel, recognition, and rewards for achievement.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Create new business opportunities through cold calling, prospecting, networking, leads, referrals and cross selling
- Build partnerships and collaborate effectively with internal and external accounts to maximize growth opportunities and ensure the delivery of outstanding service solutions
- Provide technical support and product information for client inquiries
- Communicate company promotions, programs, and pricing within assigned geography
- Assist Finance/Credit department as needed to ensure client account balances fall within company credit guidelines
- Work with key vendor manufacturer representatives to keep current on technical product updates and market programs.
What do you need?
High school diploma or GED3+ year's experience in horticulture related field with a stable work history or a 2-year College Degree
- We are currently seeking energetic, self-motivated individuals to cover the Turf Grass and Ornamental Markets.
- Candidate must have 2-year degree or 3 years' experience in T and O markets.
- Must possess good organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Outgoing, Energetic and Persistent
- Relationship/Consultative Selling
- Trustworthy and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Professional Appearance & Demeanor: Business Casual Attire
- Comfortable speaking with and presenting to individuals and small groups
- Proficient Computer Skills: Internet, email, contact management software and smart phone operation
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Successfully meet pre-employment background screen
- Must possess a valid driver's license and pass motor vehicle record search
Additional Information :
Why Choose Target Specialty Products?
A career with Target Specialty Products is exactly that - a professional trajectory filled with opportunity. We pride ourselves on being a world class team that rewards high performance. We offer competitive pay on a bi-weekly pay schedule and many of our roles offer incentives based on performance and providing exceptional customer experience.
Below you'll find information about some of what Target Specialty Products has to offer. All Full-Time Colleagues qualify for the following and Part-Time Colleagues qualify for most benefits when they meet certain criteria.
Professional and Personal Growth:
- Robust Paid Training & Professional Development Path
- Opportunity to grow - We love to promote from within!
- Fantastic Tuition Reimbursement benefits & Scholarship Programs (for FT Colleagues)
- Excellent Health benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Outstanding Company-Paid Short Term Disability
- Access to Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program that offers services such as free counseling services and other benefits
- Company-paid sick time
Savings & Retirement:
- Retirement Savings plan with highly-competitive company-matching contributions
- Holiday Savings Club option with company-matching funds
- Employee Discounts (includes many offerings, including cellular/mobile service, (and more)
- Vacation Days & sick days
- Company-Paid Holidays & Floating Holidays
We are looking for individuals who want to make a difference where our customers live and work. Is that you?
Target Specialty Products Canada, a brand of Rentokil Canada Corporation, is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply for positions. Target Specialty Products Canada is committed to provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Please ensure to inform us if you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process.