At Desjardins, we believe in equity, diversity and inclusion. We're committed to welcoming, respecting and valuing people for who they are as individuals, learning from their differences, embracing their uniqueness, and providing a positive workplace for all. At Desjardins, we have zero tolerance for discrimination of any kind. We believe our teams should reflect the diversity of the members, clients and communities we serve.
If there's something we can do to help make the recruitment process or the job you're applying for more accessible, let us know. We can provide accommodations at any stage in the recruitment process. Just ask!
As a product owner, you represent the voice of the client in projects and are responsible for the member/client experience. You prepare a range of products and services according to a consistent process to ensure a positive member/client experience. You work closely with the project promoter and business analyst to ensure that the solution meets user needs and the project's expected benefits are delivered. You manage relationships with the project's various stakeholders. Your ability to drive engagement is therefore an essential skill.
You lead your squads and various stakeholders in projects involving planning, feasibility studies, development and innovative, complex strategic initiatives.
You make recommendations on the development and execution of initiatives and projects with a high degree of operational and conceptual complexity that have an impact on one or more business sectors. You use your analytical skills and comprehensive, detailed knowledge of your line of business and the organization. Coordination is critical. You interact with many stakeholders working in a wide range of fields.
You serve as a specialist advisor and subject matter expert, as well as a resource person and coach for decision-making bodies
General Information on the PositionTHE TEAM
As a product owner, you play a key role in the IT core service centre and credit risk technology solutions team.
We do credit risk modelling and apply these models in our IT platforms
We have several simultaneous projects related to the different tools used to develop credit risk models. You'll be in contact with multiple stakeholders, from different sectors and work in an Agile environment.
- Determine priorities for the IT core service centre and credit risk technology solutions team to maximize value
- Communicate objectives, priorities and irritants to stakeholders
- Be an ambassador for the solution: ensure the clarity and transparency of the needs book for Basel operational and regulatory credit risk model solutions, the Credit Risk Quantification Administrative Department, and distributing it to stakeholders
- Align (provide updates on project progress) and orient work
- Work closely with IT teams, projects, subject matter experts and external suppliers
- Ensure deliverables are completed on time to meet operational and regulatory deadlines and requirements
- Ensure service delivery for solutions is complaint
- Raise any issues encountered with initiatives' progress
- Communicate solution roadmaps to the various application product owners to create alignment
- Participate in Basel governance, including model production teams and weekly monitoring of work
- Monitor your line of business
- Support business analysts in different initiatives and projects
- Analyze costs, benefits, risks, constraints, business opportunities and stakeholder needs to be factored into the project's scope. Identify, formalize and communicate needs and requirements
- Formalize objectives, help identify value for the organization and model business processes
- Cocreate the solution with users and ensure alignment with business objectives. Analyze impacts with stakeholders, and identify prerequisites and internal dependencies Ensure a cross-sector vision of the solution and provide end-to-end traceability of requirements
- Help develop testing strategies and acceptance testing plans. Support the business sector during solution rollout
- Help develop change management strategies and carry out change management activities.
Other working conditions
- Workplace: Position located in Lévis or Montreal, depending on the applicant selected. The work arrangement for the position is hybrid work
- Number of jobs available: 1
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience
- Master's degree (an asset)
- Experience as a product owner (PO) or business manager
- Experience with Agile and SAFe
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
Proficient speaker, advanced knowledge of English
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Customer Focus, Differences, Nimble learning
Key competencies for the job
Complexe Desjardins Montréal
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.