Business Development Manager
Some careers shine brighter than others.
If you're looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
As a HSBC employee you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all employees, enhanced parental pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Business Development Manager.
The role of the Business Development Manager is to drive awareness of HSBC Wealth & Personal Banking across the Isle of Man. The primary focus will be to generate new to bank customers, especially in higher value customer segments, increasing Net New Money from these and existing customers, as well as identifying Mortgage and Private Banking opportunities.
Working alongside our branch teams you will be required to build mutually beneficial relationships with key stakeholders across the industry and island. In addition, you will become part of the island leadership team and will play a key role of growing the business sustainably.
In this role, you will:
- Positively promote HSBC externally to increase quality referrals to the Wealth & Personal Banking teams and other stakeholders
- Effectively networking and interacting with key stakeholders
- Ensure that referrals are focussed on customer needs and drive sustainable business growth
- Deliver coaching to colleagues to support business growth
- Co-ordinate business development events where appropriate
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Experience working in relevant market/context, i.e. Business Development is desirable
- Built effective networks both internally and externally and created opportunities for others to work collaboratively
- Set and achieved challenging short, medium and long term goals
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills with experience of successfully influencing others, negotiating effectively and winning over audiences with compelling and persuasive presentations
- A track record of effectively handling complex sales, to meet the needs of demanding customers, in a fair and ethical way
- Relevant industry experience including knowledge of Wealth & Personal Banking is desirable but not essential
- A track record of constantly looking for ways to do things better
- Experience of making prompt and practical business decision, even in times of ambiguity, considering various perspectives and taking responsibility for outcomes
- A highly motivated self-starter with an adaptable management style and experience of developing yourself and others
For further details and application information please click ?Apply?
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.