Senior Marketing Specialist - ( 220002Q9 )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. The Stantec community unites more than 25,000 employees working in over 400 locations across 6 continents.
Are you ready to wake up every day feeling inspired, excited about your job, and do you like to be part of a winning team? Are you looking for an opportunity where you can work with and be inspired by amazing creative colleagues, make an impact on your community, gain valuable experience and build your career? Meet Stantec. Ranked as one of the most sustainable companies in the world, the people we work with are cool, and we want you to have a future here.
Our people are at the core of everything we do. Driven by a culture of inclusion, we offer dozens of employee resource groups, growth opportunities, and flexible work arrangements. We understand that the tools for success look different for everyone, and we're committed to providing each employee with the support and flexibility they need to thrive.
Stantec is looking for a Senior Marketing Specialist supporting our business lines in the British Columbia region. This position requires a detail-oriented individual, with a background in marketing and/or communications-a team player who can lead a pursuit process, communicate effectively, manage multiple concurrent initiatives, and thrive in a deadline driven environment.
In this role, you'll prepare high-impact proposals and communications that highlight our depth of experience, expertise, and creativity. Along with your marketing team partners, you'll be working closely with our technical project managers to create competitive pursuit strategies and compelling messages that convey Stantec's strengths and set us apart, and with key business development leaders to coordinate strategic client facing events, materials, and other communications in alignment with the Stantec brand. Leverage your years of experience while continuing to learn and grow in your career at Stantec in support of our regional team.
If you're looking for a workplace and a position you can grow with-we would love to hear from you!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Work across our sectors to understand the key drivers for growth and provide guidance and recommendations for all marketing and business development activities required to successfully achieve our strategic objectives.
- Proposal writing, strategy, and development for a variety of services and business sectors.
- Plan, organize and direct all elements of the pursuit process - prepositioning, go/no-go discussion, proposal response (analyze information requested, develop response plan and schedule, coordinate teaming, conduct quality control reviews, developing and preparing the final proposal package, and coordinating production and submission), interview and debrief.
- Prepare thoughtful, high-impact, and engaging pursuit and promotional materials which highlight our depth of experience, expertise, and creativity
- Work closely with our technical staff and leadership to create compelling messages that convey Stantec's strengths to set us apart
- Coordinate conferences and tradeshows, community engagement, advertising, and general collateral and communications development.
- Develop compelling tactics for our promotional activities, such as advertising, photography program, media and social media, community engagement, conferences, and other client interface opportunities.
- Facilitate and drive strategic discussion on components of business plans and work with the team to execution.
- Support client development, account management, and strategic pursuit efforts.
- Advise on local market research and analysis, assessment of opportunities, and pursuit strategy and development.
- Maintain Stantec's internal systems for information management related to people and projects, pursuits, and promotional activity
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proven experience developing responses to detailed requests for proposals (RFPs)
- Detail-oriented and organized, with exceptional prioritization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation skills in small and large group environments.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign experience required), or other desktop publishing programs. Experience with web-based interfaces is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work effectively within a group, as well as independently, and enjoy working with different personality styles and management levels, both in person and across geographies
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management, supervisors, peers, and clients.
- Ability to successfully balance conflicting priorities and thrive in a deadline-driven environment.
- Awareness that attendance of trade and industry association events, and networking with industry peers and clients could be required.
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary degree in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations, or an equivalent level of experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a marketing-related field.
- Experience in the Architecture/Engineering/Construction or other professional services industry is preferred.
Stantec is a place where smart, caring people come to build on each other's talents and make an impact on the world. Find your fit. Apply today.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Other Locations : Canada-British Columbia-Kelowna, Canada-British Columbia-Terrace, Canada-British Columbia-Victoria, Canada-British Columbia-Sidney, Canada-British Columbia-Kamloops, Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby, Canada-British Columbia-Prince George
Job : Marketing Professional
Organization : BC-1206 Marketing & Communications-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Aug 2, 2022, 5:34:58 PM
Req ID: 220002Q9
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans