Senior Sales Specialist - Ontario
Cannabis markets are quickly growing in Canada. This is a tremendous opportunity to join the largest distributor of award-winning delivery devices for the cannabis connoisseur as we build upon our established brands.
Since 2003, West Coast Gifts has provided its retail customers with the largest selection of cannabis accessories at competitive prices with speedy shipping and superior customer service. We are the exclusive designer, manufacturer and distributor of some of the most recognized brands in the industry, including: Red Eye Glass®, GEAR® Premium, Cheech & Chong? Glass, Red Eye Tek®, LIT? Silicone, iRie? and Retro Glass?.
Continually growing and expanding, we now offer an exciting opportunity for a confident and motivated person to join our sales team in the role of Senior Sales Specialist, Ontario
Reporting directly to the Director of Sales in Vancouver, BC, the Senior Sales Specialist, Ontario identifies, introduces, educates, presents and sells in the Company product portfolio to buyers at smoke shops, dispensaries, convenience stores and lifestyle shops within the territory of Ontario. They solicit, open and track new accounts and sales leads, educate buyers and retail staff, and sell in the Company product portfolio, while up-selling and making product recommendations. In addition, they track sales activity and maintain record keeping of prospective customers. The Senior Sales Specialist, Ontario manages on-going account relationships and ensures that all Company products are always appropriately promoted within each account while providing exceptional customer service.
You must have a valid Ontario driver's license and a clean driving record.
In this role you will:
- Contact regular and prospective customers and Key Accounts in Ontario to demonstrate products, explain product features, and to solicit orders while expanding customer's listing base.
- Assess customer needs, answer questions, educate retail and dispensary staff and assist with the ordering process.
- Recommend products to customers based on customers' needs and interests.
- Plan and manage an ongoing call cycle for the individual customer portfolio, based on buying cycles and Company promotional activities, in a timely manner.
- Generate qualified leads by means of desk and web research, attending expos, events, networking, etc.
- Process and maintain the necessary paperwork and required SAP database inputs for established and new accounts.
- Competently use SAP database to process and track orders, use dashboard sales analysis and sales tracking by customer.
- Meet individual goals and collaborate with other Sales Specialists to successfully meet Company team revenue goals.
- Research and identify new business opportunities, to support new business expansion, including new dispensaries, smoke shops, convenience stores, lifestyle stores, hydroponic stores, vaporizer stores, etc.
- Meet deadlines and achieve monthly sales KPI objectives.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- 5+ Years of professional sales experience, preferably in business-to-business sales.
- History of sales growth year over year, minimum 10% growth (ideally 20%+).
- Type A personality: highly self-motivated, goal-oriented individual who thrives on working independently, but is also a solid team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and superior presentation skills
- Positive, adaptable attitude with a proactive approach to work.
- Must have a valid Ontario driver's license and clean driving record.
- Familiar with cannabis and/or cannabis accessory products in a strong plus.
- Willing to drive within Ontario to see customers at least one day per week.
- Willing to travel to Vancouver, BC office headquarters as well as USA (when COVID restrictions ease up)
- Best-in-class customer service skills, including pleasant, friendly and professional phone demeanor.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks with conflicting deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and G Suite, including advanced MS Excel skills
Benefits & Company Perks
- Benefits package, including supplemental medical and dental insurance and paid time off
- Competitive pay
- Remote Role
- 20% Team member discount
Sound like a good fit? To apply, please submit the following:
- Cover letter
About West Coast Gifts:
West Coast Gifts is Canada's largest designer, manufacturer and distributor of award winning glass pipes, vaporizers and smoking accessories for the cannabis connoisseur. We offer over 7,000 products at competitive prices with speedy shipping and superior customer service. Visit our company web site to read more about our story!