Hotel Equities, one of the top hotel development and management companies in the industry, is currently searching for a remarkable Regional Director of Sales for Canada! We offer a winning culture and a unique environment that empowers our team to exceed guests' expectations and make a distinct difference in people's lives. Our ideal candidate will be engaged, authentic, and prepared to sell "best in class" hotels!
The Regional Director of Sales - Canada position will be remote based within the Region of our current opening with a corporate office base in Edmonton, AB. Must be open to telecommuting and travel.
Position Summary :
The primary objective of the Regional Director of Sales - Canada (RDOS) is to strategically oversee the revenue generation processes for the properties within designation region. This position is responsible, in conjunction with designated hotel's GM's, DOS's and sales teams, for overall revenue and market share results, as well as the development and execution of strategies that support the positioning of the properties within the portfolio. Partnering with on-property General Managers and/or Directors of Sales to provide technical sales and marketing advice, guidance, support, coaching and mentoring for various sales functions and initiatives is essential. This position will work closely with each property to ensure revenue and sales activity goals are achieved, STR Market RevPar indexes vs. goals are achieved and financial as well as productivity benchmarks within the Sales and Marketing department are met.
Essential Responsibilities :
- Be fully accountable to develop, execute sales and marketing revenue initiatives and achieve desired results for the portfolio.
- Based on past multi - unit experience insure that all brand resources, support, contacts and programs are maximized on a consistent basis. Interact with assigned brand HE sales and marketing support associates to assist hotel GM and Sales Department in all / any requested or required needs. (Marriott / Hilton brands especially)
- Support and direct property leadership in revenue growth, market share performance and sales / marketing initiatives to achieve desired outcomes.
- Establish processes to monitor marketplace dynamics and to proactively set selling strategies and tactics in advance of changes in the marketplace.
- Properly develop and train effective Director of Sales/Area Sales Associates who embrace accountability for their asset's performance.
- Ensure proper staffing of all Sales and Marketing related positions.
- Work with property team members to ensure maximization of revenues and profits, proper controls, optimal productivity and a coordination of efforts to achieve operational excellence in STR market and TripAdvisor results.
- Available to travel to portfolio hotels as needed to oversee Sales efforts and drive top line and market share performance.
- Infuse each property with the Hotel Equities Culture that speaks to the values of the organization creating positive and effective work environments while maintaining their individual Brand.
- Ensure properties are in compliance with brand standards and company initiatives.
- Oversee the sales and marketing efforts of multiple properties including sleeping rooms, meeting rooms and banquet/catering.
- Facilitate the development of the annual budget, marketing and business plan. Facilitate the financial goals of all hotels as it pertains to the sleeping room, meeting room and banquet/catering sales.
- Monitor and review performance on a regular basis and hold appropriate property leaders/area sales team members accountable for results.
- Assist designated hotels with day-to-day sales and marketing initiatives, and tactical plans for performance.
- Implement telephone and where available personal interviews regarding all new DOS/Area Sales hiring's. Provide GM input regarding hiring.
- Strategic use of Agency 360 and other market intelligence reports to drive positive property market share growth.
- Insure that proper usage of ?Delphi? or designated sales automated systems and reports are being utilized accordingly and on a consistent basis. All annual group revenue / room night budgets and activity goals are to be entered accordingly and monitored on a weekly as well as monthly basis.
- Implement tools to automate and streamline consultations as well as document action plans.
- Partner with corporate sales / marketing and revenue management departments to maximize on-line marketing opportunities.
- Provide professional feedback to hotel teams, corporate office, and ownership.
- First line resource for Hotel Equities internal inquiries and questions related to sales and marketing initiatives.
- Develop, present to HE V.P. of Sales & Marketing and implement a ?Monthly Strategic Planning Session? outlining priority hotels, monthly travel schedule, special projects and property DOS openings.
- Create joint sales and marketing efforts for designated properties.
- Assist in completing and compiling information for key sales meetings to be determined by VP S&M and VP Sales & Revenue Generation.
- Represent properties in key local market business units such as CVB, government and trade entities.
- Host/facilitate monthly calls with Hotels to review best practices and marketing initiatives.
- Conduct monthly reviews of Hotels with Sales on key financial, pace and productivity benchmarks.
- Provide strategic alignment and guidance for the area hotels.
- Participate in weekly revenue strategy calls/meetings to ensure strategic alignment.
- Assist designated portfolio hotels in developing and maintaining team marketing tools such as collateral.
- Participate in trade and community events where warranted or strong ROI is involved.
- Support the culture and vision; the RDOS must exemplify and champion the culture when engaged with associates, guests, owners and communities.
- Support the Hotel Equities goal of becoming the most preferred manager of hospitality assets.
Job Requirements :
- Must have Marriott and Hilton experience.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Ability to lead others, to delegate and multi-task, and to manage others virtually.
- Ability to interface with system/program specialists in order to develop and refine decision support systems.
- Ability to work both as a team member and a team leader to achieve results in a teamwork environment.
- Demonstrated ability to process new information quickly and respond aptly to change.
- Strong demonstrated analytical skills, with experience in solving ?real-life? business problems.
- Demonstrated ability to use spreadsheets to manipulate large amounts of data and translate into meaningful analysis.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Solid project management skills, with ability to independently manage multiple projects.
- Knowledge of financial analysis, quantitative analysis and statistical.