Job Description :
EMAIL MARKETING SPECIALIST
Marketing and Communications
NorQuesters are difference makers and we're searching for someone dedicated to making a difference to join our Marketing and Communications team as an Email Marketing Specialist.
Reporting to the Manager, Web and Digital, the Email Marketing Specialist is responsible for defining, developing, and implementing email campaigns, programs, and automations that support increasing awareness of the NorQuest brand while generating interest in our courses and programs.
How you'll make a difference
Strategy and Planning 30%
- Contribute to the development, coordination and execution of demand generation campaigns and programs to ensure widespread awareness and interest in the NorQuest brand.
- Lead the email and SMS campaign planning process from need identification to business requirements gathering, solution design and implmentation.
- Identify areas of inefficiency in the learner journey and propose automation solutions to enhance learner experience
- Identify solutions to learner acquisition and nurturing that result in reduce employee effort (identify repetitive tasks and propose solutions).
- Provide strategic direction on email and SMS marketing opportunities based on the college's business needs, technical capabilities, and insights derived from data and past campaigns.
- Manage program calendar and coordinate campaign requests to ensure alignment on requirements, deliverables, and timelines.
- Review and analyze market research, internal data sources (e.g., application/admission data, student demographics/psychographics, surveys, CRM data, etc.) to better understand target audiences and market opportunities.
Campaign Management and Optimization 50%
- Develop and distribute all emails for student recruitment and retention, automated nurture campaigns, and SMS campaigns, ensuring execution across devices and platforms.
- Work with internal clients and Marketing and Communications team to design and build new email marketing campaigns and programs by gathering requirements, building assets, creating automation rules, and developing copy.
- Develop and manage segmentation filters, groups, and distribution lists to maximize engagement and campaign effectiveness.
- Track and analyze the performance of email programs and report on KPIs, making recommendations for new campaigns, tools, and tactics to enhance student experience, increase conversions, and enhance content.
- Proactively identify and build automated journeys, including appropriate triggers and behaviours based on user segments.
- Ensure continuous improvement of campaigns by analyzing prior results, conducting A/B testing, and enhancing segmentation and personalization.
Consultation and Coordination - 20%
- Work closely with Marketing and Communications team to ensure the effective coordination, communication, and optimization for all email campaigns.
- Keep Marketing and Communications leadership apprised of leading practices (including tools and tactics), making recommendations that support college growth targets and internal client's business goals.
- Participate in team planning activities in support of college strategic and business goals.
- Work with various subject matter experts on creative elements required to fulfill email marketing programs including graphic design, multimedia, content creation, social media, and web.
- Contribute to the development, implementation, monitoring and adaptation of service linkages and protocols with other divisions and units to improve internal working relationships and to streamline service delivery.
- Assist with special projects as required.
What you bring
Bachelor's degree or diploma in Marketing or equivalent.
- Related experience with training and professional development will be considered for equivalency.
- 3-5 years of experience in email marketing or similar roles.
- Experience in an educational institution or related industry is an asset.
- Marketing agency experience is an asset.
What makes you a Difference Maker?
- Excellent understanding of email channel and marketing automation leading practices.
- Knowledge of industry standard and leading practices for digital contact management, including legislation like CASL.
- Experience with Google Analytics and other analytics tools, and demonstrated ability to use data to refine and optimize email marketing plans.
- Excellent time and project management skills, with a demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently in a complex environment as well as work with a broad range of internal clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across a number of platforms and channels.
- Ability to analyze multiple data sources to inform understanding of key audiences and create highly targeted email marketing plans.
- A data-driven mindset, and the ability to prioritize efforts based on impact.
- Creative, forward thinking and willing to innovate and try new things in support of business objectives.
- Team player with a strong client-centered service approach to working with senior level clients and team members.
- Takes ownership of work, and demonstrates a strong desire to support the success of internal clients and the college.
- Alignment with NorQuest's culture and values, including an inclusive mindset and respect for students and stakeholders from diverse backgrounds.
SALARY: Reflective upon what you bring. AKA your education and experience. Plus, immediate access to our great pension and benefit programs.
We offer flexible work options. We strive for balance between a flexible work environment, connectedness to the campus community, and ensuring NorQuesters are set up to succeed in their roles and responsibilities.
COMPETITION NUMBER: 2022-3575
CLOSING DATE: August 11, 2022
Apply to become a NorQuester: If this opportunity delights you and your expertise will shine in this role, we invite you to apply for this position online by uploading your resume and cover letter combined as one document.
Psst: Only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted and we'll make sure to do this within 28 days of the closing date.
Difference Makers. If we were to describe what NorQuest College is, we'd say these two words. We are so fundamentally driven in our mission to make a difference to our students, our community, and to our fellow NorQuesters, that it guides what we do, who we meet, and where we are headed.
So how do we make differences?
- We empower NorQuesters. When it comes to working, it's up to you to decide where (on campus or from another location) and how you work. NorQuesters are expected to embody our Qs-lead from where you are, be dependable, find ways forward-to name a few, but how you do that is your choice!
- We unlock potential. Whether its newcomers to Canada who want to improve their English, students who want to complete their academic upgrading, learners pursuing post-secondary education, or anyone who wishes to strengthen their skills through professional development, our passion to educate touches people of all levels and all backgrounds.
- We strengthen Alberta. From our graduates who hit the ground running, to our partnerships with government, industry, and business, to our commitment to communities, including a dedicated focus on Indigenous communities, we contribute to our province and make it stronger. We strive to be an employer of choice for First Nations, Metis and Inuit people in Canada by leading, supporting, and being an ally through our work toward decolonization, reconciliation, and Indigenization.
And that's a snapshot of how we are Difference Makers. But there's so much more to us and we invite you to explore further!