500px is the leading online network for photographers. Our mission is to connect the world's photographers and provide them with opportunities to discover inspiration, get exposure and rewarded for their work, and help them learn and grow their skills. Every month, millions of people from around the world use our website and mobile apps to find and share the world's most inspiring photography.
***Please note that we are all currently working remotely until staff feel safe and comfortable returning to the office. Once we do, we expect to continue granting our team the flexibility of choosing to work from home or anytime from our HQ, but will confirm this once our plans are firm.
We love what we do, and we know you do too. 500px, the world's premier photography community, is looking for someone to not only come along for the future ride, but also to help shape and own it. Our users are creatives and they have unique needs that are at the heart of everything we do. If you're interested in creating beautiful digital assets, and engaging interactivity with good people, then we want you.
What you'll be doing
- Lead the graphic design on digital assets such as landing pages, banners, emails and multimedia platforms from concept through final delivery
- Create print assets such as magazine ads, posters, booklets, and other goods
- Help evolve the graphic identity for the 500px brand to effectively communicate our vision and mission
- Work with the Sr. Brand Manager and Marketing Director to define and deliver pages, product launch assets, general appearance, graphic components, and product communications
- Collaborate with other designers and marketing team members on a daily basis to keep a consistent style and experience
- Brainstorm new graphic design ideas with the Sr. Brand Manager that are unique to our company and brand
- Facilitate requests from multiple teams and provide visibility to all stakeholders on the progress, status, and any potential risks within any projects
- Utilize user insights, qualitative data, and research findings to create engaging and high performing graphic creative
- Coordinate all aspects of the development of print, audiovisual, or electronic items, including interactive terminals, websites, and other multimedia platforms.
What the ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- A diploma or degree or certificate, in design or related discipline
- Work experience in the graphic design field
- Been a part of a team that has shipped software that achieves measurable business outcomes
- Highly proficient with Adobe Suite, Sketch, Figma, Illustrator, photoshop, and motion graphics (e.g., Premier)
- The ability to communicate with international team from different time zones.
- Have experience in working with marketing automation software Braze
- Need to have UXUI design experience as well as solid knowledge and experience in responsive web design.
- Have basic HTML CSS coding knowledge
- Language requirement: Fluent in English
- Have the spirit of innovation and the ability to think outside the square
- Collaborates often and with ease, bringing a friendly and open personality to whatever the task or discussion without bringing ego to the table
- Have the ability to multitask effectively and meet deadlines with a strong work ethic
- Loves creating amazing digital experiences that are rooted in empathy and are apart of and promote a holistic brand vision
- Excellent eye for trend, color & design.
- Must be detailed oriented, systematic, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment.
Bonus points for
- Experience designing on online social platforms with a large user base
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including comfort in presenting
- Being a member of the 500px community
- A passion or understanding of photography (tell us what you shoot!) and/or fine arts
- Competitive salaries
- Flexible work hours
- Great health and dental benefits starting on day one