Job Category: Information & Technology
Division & Section: Employment & Social Services, Business & Financial Supports, IT Systems & Architecture Unit
Work Location: Metro Hall, 55 John Street
Job Type & Duration: Full-time, Temporary (12 months) vacancy
Hourly Rate: $46.84 - $51.33 per hour
Shift Information: Monday to Friday - 35 hours per week
Affiliation: L79 Full-time
Number of Positions Open: 2
Posting Period: 27-Jul-2022 to 10-Aug-2022
Your primary responsibilities as an Information & Technology Integrator (Application Programmer) will be varied. Specifically, your responsibilities may include the following:
- Performs all aspects of enterprise level application development and sustainment throughout the application lifecycle, including analysis and design, object-oriented methodology, modeling, relational database management and technical program specifications
- Develops logical data models and applies information structures, database schemas, network and security interfaces, architectural frameworks and technology standards for enterprise systems for staff and clients and accessed by other municipalities. Develops and implements procedures that support, maintain, and enhance the Business Intelligence environment.
- Evaluates, designs, develops, tests, reassesses, deploys and sustains information technology solutions to integrate with business objectives
- Develops and applies business and application models and network and security interfaces according to legislative requirements and industry standards, in order to support service to the public
- Leads various stages of projects and directs project staff. Liaises with divisional, corporate, and provincial staff
- Recommends, implements and practices security, privacy and quality assurance requirements consistent with MFIPPA and divisional and corporate standards regarding storage, processing and reporting of confidential data and information outputs
- Recommends technical policies and procedures and feasible options regarding program specific requirements
- Performs perfective, adaptive and corrective maintenance and development of custom, multi-tiered, multi-platform software solutions
- Evaluates commercial software tools and recommends purchases to meet business needs
- Ensures availability, integrity, performance and reliability of Divisional and enterprise systems and data
- Recommends and implements disaster recovery procedures to ensure the availability and integrity of systems and applications
- Evaluates, designs and implements legacy application interfaces and legacy application conversion to ensure that divisional and enterprise production systems are updated to meet evolving business requirements
- Ensures integrity, availability, performance and reliability of applications, data and system infrastructure for all divisional and enterprise systems, for all users including users with disabilities
- Conducts analysis, develops recommendations and implements solutions to address identified business issues related to information processes, data flows and information delivery
- Develops quality assurance and integration testing on new applications and revisions to ensure optimal application performance and compliance with business requirements
- Analyzes patterns and trends in problems encountered by users to identify and address common user issues. Develops recommendations and implements solutions to address recurring problems
- Leads and facilitates meetings; prepares and delivers presentations and reports
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Experience in n-tier application programs, interfacing programming, business logic and data structures.
- Experience creating program specifications and code documents including use cases, flowcharts, entity relationship diagrams, and application prototyping.
You must also have:
- Excellent knowledge of analysis and design techniques and system development methodologies for large scale software development.
- Advanced knowledge of web technologies including server technologies, programming languages, site design tools, and application development framework.
- Excellent knowledge of data visualization and database querying languages including T-SQL.
- Thorough understanding of Graphical User Interface design concepts and development in the Windows and Internet browser environments.
- Strong analytical, evaluation and problem solving skills to effectively troubleshoot and remediating issues.
- Results oriented with a strong customer service focus and attention to detail
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and cooperatively with others in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to work within time constraints and prioritize project tasks.
- Ability to support the Toronto Public Service values to ensure a culture that champions equity, diversity and respectful workplaces.
- PHP, Visual Basic 6, ActiveX and Oracle APEX development knowledge is an asset.
- Knowledge of Social Assistance delivery systems and related technologies, divisional infrastructure and workstation configuration as it relates to application development, troubleshooting and support is an asset.
Note: All City of Toronto employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the City's Mandatory Vaccination Policy. Candidates will be required to show proof of vaccination during the recruitment process.
NOTE TO INTERNAL FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME CITY OF TORONTO EMPLOYEES:
City of Toronto employees must apply to full-time or part-time employment opportunities posted on the City's Internal Job Posting Portal.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City's commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City's Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.