Sofina Foods is one of Canada's leading manufacturers of primary and further processed protein products for retail and foodservice customers as well as international markets. We manufacture pork, beef, turkey, chicken and fish products. Our family of brands include: Cuddy, Lilydale, Janes, Mastro, San Daniele, Fletcher's, Vienna, Riserva and Zamzam. We are also the exclusive distributor of Italy's finest Rio Mare & Lavazza products in Canada.
Reporting into the SVP HR & Chief People Officer, the Director, Communications works with Canadian Leadership Team to establish and subsequently execute the strategic direction for Sofina's communications initiatives to drive employee engagement and enhance Sofina's reputation and brands. The Director is Sofina's spokesperson for media, non-government and government bodies as needed and has a senior role on Sofina Canada's crisis management team.
- Drive employee engagement through the design and executive of a robust internal communications plan.
- Enhance Sofina's reputation and credibility through the design and implementation of effective public relations strategies; proactively building relationships with external stakeholders (government, non-government interests groups, industry and community), while mitigating risk to the Company.
- Provides tactical leadership, advice and counsel for the Crisis Management Team ensuring the right parties are engaged with appropriate sense of urgency to address concerns.
- Create communication templates, standards and protocols
- Provide expert guidance and media training for executive team members.
- Project ownership of Sofina's Intranet site (?Sofina Connect?)
- Is a key resources to internal stakeholders including: Plant Management, Commercial Operations, Human Resources etc., to provide guidance and partnership to support communication initiatives..
- Oversee communications for the organization, including media relations, creative and editorial design services and internal communications, to increase understanding and awareness of the organization's objectives and achievements.
- Acts as Sofina's chief spokesperson to media representing the Company's strategic objectives, including issues related to sustainability, animal welfare, consumer complaints, and community concerns.
- Facilitate change management through effective communication strategies and collaborative partnerships. Provide strategic communication and change management direction during mergers and acquisitions.
- Degree in Public Relations/Communications.
- Minimum of 10 to 15 years of progressive senior leadership experience in public affairs, public relations, and/or communications, preferably in the agricultural consumer goods industry.
- Exceptional communication, presentation and writing skills,
- Bilingualism (English and French) an asset
- Able to build credibility, influence and partnership with the business through compelling communication skills and a transformational leadership style.
- Able to work with the business leadership as well as the communications team and external partners.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Passionate about leadership. Sofina Foods Inc. is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (?AODA'). Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements, for the purpose of accommodation under AODA, known to Human Resources when they are contacted for an interview.