Information Technology Business Lead - Building Robotics Inc
Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what's truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you'll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance- Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world's most significant problems - Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada's Top 100 Employers, Canada's Greenest Employers 2018, Canada's Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
Siemens Canada Limited, RuggedCom is a leader in the development of rugged communication networking solutions designed for mission critical applications in harsh environments. We are an innovative, rapidly growing company where you'll find an exciting, dynamic work environment and significant opportunity for personal growth.
We are currently looking for a Software Developer to join the ROX product development team; someone with good analytical skills, can multi-task on various projects, a good problem solver and has good organizational skills. Join us in Transforming the Everyday!
What will you do?
This role provides an opportunity to experience the complete life cycle of product development including specifications, design, coding, test, production and maintenance.
- Develop and maintain customized software for specific applications
- Design, code, test, debug and document software
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- The ideal candidate has an undergraduate degree in Computer Science/Engineering, with at least five years of experience, developing software
What will you need to succeed?
The ideal candidate has an undergraduate degree in Computer Science/Engineering, with at least five years of experience, developing software , and a good understanding of networking concepts.
- Extensive knowledge of OO Design, Architecture, Design Patterns and UML.
- Experience with Linux (Debian preferred)
- Strong experience building enterprise web applications.
- Experience with a DBMS (e.g., PostgreSQL).
- Proficient in the use of source control tools (SVN, Git, Bugzilla).
- Experience with basic networking concepts
- Experience in Web User interfaces that are designed with modularity and scalability in mind
Additional ?nice to have? strengths in the following areas:
- Must demonstrate ability to collect feedback, arbitrate between stakeholders, and distill ideas into design.
- Experienced in explaining and defending technical UI design decisions to a non-technical audience.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada's passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s'engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d'être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l'égalité d'accès à l'emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.