The Marketing Manager / Sr. Marketing Manager, Customer Growth has a unique role in driving organic billings growth from our customer base.
You'll collaborate with many enterprise partners including product teams, Centers of Excellence, GCO, Compliance as well as other business units. You'll get to flex your analytics muscles as you harness insights to drive your business forward, create robust and exciting marketing campaigns and initiatives, and feature enhancements.
You are a strong relationship builder, bring a strategic vision, a love of financial analysis and can-do attitude to your work and revel in creating campaigns that persuade and drive customer value.
Build and execute marketing strategies focused on increasing Share of Wallet from our customer base:
- Multi-channel marketing: site, email, mobile, social, inbound
- Campaign management including test and learns
- Results and scorecard delivery
- Forecast management including management of investment optimization process
- Management of collateral
Analytics into strategy - Interpret internal and external data, identify opportunities, and recommend business strategy.
- Identifying current and future consumer needs
- Understand competitor offerings and threats
- Translate external influences (regulatory, technology, economic & consumer trends) into opportunities or threats
- Idea generation
- Analyze size of opportunity for campaigns
- Assess financials / business case
Project Management - Develop and implement key capabilities to support growth
- Lead change with empathy and vision
- Ensure alignment across stakeholders to keep your projects moving
- Work closely across a variety of partners including technologies, COE, acquisition, and product owners
- Masterful and anticipatory risk and issues management
Drives Results - Relentless focus on the bottom line
- Leading with a sense of urgency
- Resilience to persist, working to exceed goals despite obstacles or challenges
- Defines business goals and inspires others in challenging timeframes
Relationship Management - Build a common vision between business stakeholders to drive portfolio/business strategy
- Influence to gain stakeholder buy-in
- Manage and lead stakeholders and contributors
- Drive support and ensure alignment to support customer and business goals
People Leadership -
- Support the growth and development of your team
- Lead with integrity to create a high functioning team - one that has a continual eye for marketplace developments and interpreting their strategic implications
Minimum 3-5 years' experience in:
- Selecting, reviewing, analyzing diverse data sets related to business performance (e.g. financial performance, competitive data)
- Ability to build, grow and optimize online and offline customer marketing channels/journeys
- Proven ability to take initiative and champion a project from concept through to implementation and post implementation evaluation
- Idea generation to strategy development excellence
- Incrementally complex relationship management
This will include:
- Customer centric mindset
- Proven track record of driving strong results
- Attention to detail and focus on quality
- Proven track record of working effectively with external and internal partners, and creating a cooperative environment where both sides thrive together
- Creative thinking and a history of formulating winning strategies
- Strong communication, storytelling, and persuasion skills
- Clear willingness to listen, learn and grow as a leader
- Consumer financial services (Cards, Rewards) experience a plus
- Proven analytical and critical thinking skills
- Bachelors University degree required
- MBA or MA specializing in Marketing, Economics or Finance would be considered an asset
American Express is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment in which all people who apply for positions or who work for or on behalf of Amex are treated with dignity and respect and are provided with equal treatment with respect to employment, regardless of that person's age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, colour, ancestry, ethnic or national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, family status, pregnancy, disability, record of offences, social condition or origin, political beliefs, association or activity or other factors prohibited under applicable Human Rights legislation (the ?Prohibited Grounds?). If you have a disability and need accommodation, please speak with the Recruiter for more information.
In order to work in or visit any of our offices in Canada we require colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.