Job TitleSales Manager Irving Blending and Packaging
Who are we?
Here's what you can expect from us:
When you're a part of our team, you'll see how we bring good energy to all that we do. At Irving Oil, we strive for a work environment where each of us feels we belong, can bring our whole selves to work, and where we treat our fellow employees with kindness and respect. Together, we will support our corporate strategy, high standards and the communities where we live and work. Our collaborative approach, safety-first culture and commitment to building resilient teams helps reinforce our internal brand position where People Matter. That's why we're dedicated to investing in our employees' potential, so that they can reach their career goals.
What you can expect in a typical day
As the Sales Manager for Irving Blending and Packaging, you will direct and oversee the organization's sales plan, objectives and initiatives. You will set short to long-term sales strategies and evaluate the effectiveness of current sales programs, against those goals. Using creativity and market insight, you'll recommend product or service enhancements to improve customer satisfaction and increase sales potential. We'll ask you to bring a business development mindset to the role to seek out new opportunities and inspire our team!
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, bonus, and pension plan
- Flexible benefits, including a Health Spending Account
- Hybrid Work Opportunity - flexible work model that supports a blend of in-office and remote
- Wellness support, including annual wellness allowance and paid personal care days
- Paid vacation and vacation purchasing
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Named one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for six consecutive years
Your roles and responsibilities :
- Drive overall portfolio performance by developing strategies to improve gross margins, increase volumes, minimize customer attrition, and increase product penetration
- Review variance reports and work with sales team to implement tactics to improve gross margin and volume in their portfolio
- Re-balance account manager portfolios to improve sales coverage
- Develop an understanding of the market that includes key business trends, opportunities for growth, product penetration, and threats from competitors and alternative fuels
- Develop a presence in the market by representing the company in business and community events
- Develop an account management and support strategy to drive achievement of annual portfolio management and account support objectives
- Work collaboratively with marketing to identify and develop marketing programs that drive achievement of business targets
- Using our Sales Management process and People Development process effectively lead sales teams to achieve results
- Work collaboratively with sales and operations leadership to develop annual commercial account management and support goals and targets
- Work with senior sales analyst to load annual team level objectives into the sales planning tool
- Translate the market strategy into tactical planning (e.g. monthly/weekly performance objectives, marketing support requirements, staffing needs, etc.)
- Prepare and report commercial account management performance to Irving Energy and Delivered Nat Gas operations and sales leadership
- Participate in sales management meetings
- Drive execution of the account management process and achievement of targets by conducting weekly sales meetings and individual activity management reviews
- Participate in pre-call planning meetings, sales calls, negotiations, and customer relationship reviews
- Work collaboratively with sales leadership to identify, develop, and introduce sales process improvements and tools
- Able to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Able to see industry trends to identify ways to improve our products, ensure customers satisfaction with our products and services.
- Strong knowledge of Sales Force as Customer Relationship Management tool
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills.
- Strong negotiation and consultative sales skills.
- Business Insight
- Some travel within Atlantic Canada, Ontario, Que and New England would be required.
Education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management or Administration, Marketing, Communications, or related field is preferred.
- 7+ years of sales management experience, including customer service
- 5+ years management experience and demonstrate willingness and ability to motivate and inspire a team to reach goals
- Must be customer focused and a team player willing to collaborate with supporting departments to ensure alignment with company overall goals
- A strong team player with high energy
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications as well as Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software (Salesforce).
- Contract management is considered an asset
- Bilingual candidate would be considered an asset
Irving Oil supports a diverse and inclusive work environment and welcomes applications from all qualified applicants.
Job Requirements - Work ExperienceSales
Job Requirements - EducationBachelors: Business Administration
LocationSaint John, NB