Our bottom line is different.
There's something special about working at ATB, and it's been recognized on every top employer list that matters. Maybe it's our exceptional culture where your total wellness is supported through market-leading benefits and you're free to bring your whole self to work. Maybe it's our commitment to a growth mindset and our unrelenting thirst for making it possible for fellow Albertans-even the ones who aren't our clients.
Whatever it is, you won't find a more genuine, driven and knowledgeable group of humans anywhere. We foster a culture of purpose, performance and possibilities. We engage with intense curiosity, and bring our whole selves to work, every day. We know it starts with people like you, so take a chance and start with us.
Job Number: REQ4458
Apply by: August 2nd, 2022
# Positions available: 1
Leader Name: Director, Communications
, on the Reputation & Brand (R&B) team, and reporting into the Director, Brand Communications, you will provide strategic direction and communication expertise within the Everyday Banking Squad. You will focus on effective and efficient communication efforts that drive value against ATB's strategy and business objectives, and the development and execution of integrated communication plans. This includes client and operational communications, storytelling and proactive communications activities that reach key clients and stakeholders, and amplifying traditional paid media efforts through communications efforts.
- Supports and owns client communications and operational communications which inform clients of changes within the Everyday Banking portfolio
- Builds strategic communications plans to capitalize on opportunities which elevate our reputation with the Everyday Banking audience and brings our value proposition to life using the PESO model (paid, earned, shared and owned channels)
- Is a champion storyteller who works closely with marketers, communicators, and key partners to enhance and amplify powerful Everyday Banking proof points
- Champions aligned approach and points of view specific to identified key industries and segments
- Works in partnership with internal communications partners to align internal and external communication priorities
- Helps identify and build key stakeholder and centre of influence strategic plans
- Develops and activates holistic communication plans in support of the squad plan, initiative project plans, segments of focus, stakeholder needs and the market plan
- Mobilizes resources to support in the execution of communication activities including social media experts, editorial, media, influencer and ambassador and more
- Focuses on creating measurable communication objectives that ladder up to project objectives and which showcase the value of the communications practice
- Develops and enables the Reputation & Brand and squad performance measurement frameworks, and the routines/processes to ensure timely updates of progress against objectives
- Graduate or undergraduate degree in a communications, business or a related field
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in communications, spanning multiple subject areas including; experience in strategy development, analytics and operational communications
- A proven track record as a strong strategic thinker with a results orientation who approaches any challenge with thoughtfulness, drive, client-centric and data driven usage, and appropriate urgency
- Strong data-driven and analytical mindset and has developed KPI frameworks, optimized metrics and tracked performance against goals in the past
- Experience with both qualitative and quantitative research and analysis methodologies to guide program creation and insight generation
- Exceptional client sensitivity, empathy and intuition combined with an understanding of market dynamics and trends (technological, socio-economic, environmental, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills - ability to tell a story from data (influential communicator & presenter)
- Excellent interpersonal & collaboration skills - able to build strong relationships with team members at all levels internally as well as external partners; viewed as a trusted strategic partner
- Strong understanding of the full range of marketing channels, how they work, how they can be integrated and how to evaluate them
- Works well under pressure and thrives under tight deadlines
- Experience in issues and crisis communications is an asset
- Experience with Agile methodology and practices is an asset
- Experience in Financial Services is an asset
At ATB, we know that highly talented people can readily transfer their skills. If you believe your skills and experience are transferable, please consider putting your name in the running.
Be great. Be you. Believe.
We are dedicated to building a workforce reflective of the diversity within our communities and creating an environment where every team member has what they need to reach their potential. We encourage candidates from all equity-seeking groups to apply.
Stay in touch!
ATB is excited to know you're interested in a career with us! Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram to get the inside scoop on what our team is up to.