We're looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Explore Employment Opportunities with Whistler Blackcomb! www.vailresortscareers.com/whistlerblackcomb
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to) :
- To continually strive to exceed guest expectations.
- Manage the general Guest Communications inbox and respond to guest inquiries.
- Continually track and review guest level of satisfaction of weather/snow communication, striving for continual improvement.
- Develop and compile Whistler Blackcomb's daily snow and weather communications (snowphone, TOM, website snow report, and on-line website updates) including: messaging, composition, recording, and results tracking.
- Create operational updates for local tourist agents and respond to inquiries.
- Develop operational updates for internal staff on an as needed basis.
- Drive visits by giving on-time, accurate weather and snow information to guests and staff through identified communication channels.
- Identify opportunities to improve the guest experience through analysis of guest feedback data and customer insights.
- Social media monitoring and engagement on all channels as needed.
- Develop communication plans to promote various lines of business within the resort including but not excluded to: mountain dining, on-mountain activities and events.
- Represent and promote Whistler Blackcomb at local tourism focused events such as Inside Scoop.
- Head out on the slopes at least once a week to know conditions first hand!
- Demonstrate our core values: Be Safe, Do Good, Do Right, Service Others, Drive Value and Have Fun
- Exceptional Service Skills
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Effective conflict resolution skills. Proven strength in problem solving and an ability to make decisions
- Ability to plan and execute projects with minimum supervision
- Advanced spreadsheet (excel) skills
- Statistics course or background
- Familiarity with Whistler and Blackcomb mountains
- Knowledge of Guest Services division an asset
- Knowledge of social media channels and ability to speak to Whistler Blackcomb's audience in that medium.
- Must enjoying skiing or riding and understand the importance of accurate snow/weather/operations information for guests.
- Pleasant, clearly audible telephone voice; experience or education in broadcasting/voice-recording an asset.
- Confident, outgoing nature with a proven ability to quickly develop rapport with contacts.
- Some experience in communications preferred, along with a genuine interest in developing within this field. Experience within the mountain resort industry is a definite asset.
Opportunity to extend into back to back seasonal
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- RSP Options (after 12 months or 2000 cumulative hours of service)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 448687