Graham is an employee-owned construction solutions partner that services the buildings, industrial, infrastructure, water and project finance sectors. We deliver lasting value for our clients through meticulous planning and scheduling, while upholding rigorous safety and quality standards. With offices throughout North America, our passionate and knowledgeable teams deliver projects that enable communities to thrive and people to live, work, move and grow in a rapidly changing world. With over nine decades of experience, Graham has the resources, capacity and expertise to undertake projects of every scope, scale and complexity. Join our team to deliver a better tomorrow.
We are seeking top-tier talent to join our Corporate Services team and support our construction operations by applying your expertise to various Corporate Services business initiatives. As a member of this collaborative team, you can expect a safe, diverse and inclusive environment, and on-going learning and career development opportunities.
About the Role
Graham's HR team is comprised of HR Advisory, Learning, Compensation and Benefits, and Talent Acquisition; the majority of which reside in the Calgary Head Office. Our HR Advisors are located at multiple locations throughout Canada and the US. We are currently seeking a Senior HR Advisor to be based in our Toronto/Mississauga operations office. The Senior HR Advisor will functionally report to the HR Business Partner and operationally to two local Buildings and Infrastructure operational leaders. This is a generalist role designed to partner with and support the Buildings & Infrastructure client groups in order to meet their HR needs, while being supported by and operating under the strategic direction of corporate HR. This is a strategic and operationally focused advisory role focused on delivering on the Graham People Strategy and developing credibility with the client group leaders. The successful candidate will have a strong working knowledge of HR employment law, performance management, employee engagement as well as coaching, facilitating, and influencing skills.
As a Senior HR Advisor at Graham, you will:
- Develop close working relationships with your client group by demonstrating a solid understanding of the commercial drivers of their business
- Work in conjunction with the Corporate HR team and client base to design and deliver effective HR strategies and plans
- Facilitate the recruitment and selection process by conducting interviews and consulting with hiring managers
- Collaborate with the Talent Acquisition team regarding sourcing, selection, presentation of offer letters and on-boarding
- Serve as trusted advisor and valued business partner while demonstrating empathy, credibility, integrity, and maintaining confidentiality
- Provide advice and support on a wide range of HR issues to employees and leaders, in keeping with Graham's HR practices and culture
- Lead the implementation of all elements of our People Strategy within the client group (Performance Management, Rewards, Succession Planning, Development Planning, Hiring)
- Conduct and manage investigation of complaints and concerns that could result in legal ramifications; asses the severity, involve appropriate individuals and facilitate appropriate action based on policy and practice
- Counsel leaders on proactive leadership and provide strategic human resources advice to create productive and cooperative work environments that enhance employee engagement
- Introduce, lead and influence change management initiatives with client group leaders in order to address issues that will enhance overall performance and build the overall human capital capability of the organization
- Collaborate with the broader HR team in the implementation of our People Strategy
- Bachelor's degree or Post-secondary education in Human Resources, Business, or Social Sciences is required, and CHRP designation is an asset
- 5+ years of progressive HR Generalist experience; preferably 1-2 years working within a Business Partner model
- Solid experience in talent assessment and performance management
- Exceptional relationship-building and interpersonal skills and ability to interact positively with all levels in the organization; you will be extremely action oriented, and client focused
- Strong advising and coaching skills with experience in influencing change
- Demonstrated ability to define problems, establish alternatives and determine the optimal course of action in the context of broader business strategies and objectives
- Ability to work in a remote HR capacity, largely independent from the broader HR team
- Broad based understanding of construction environments would be an asset
- This position requires occasional travel to the Calgary, Alberta office and project locations throughout Ontario
If this sounds like you, then Graham may be the right fit. Apply today.
Graham is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Graham does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
No unsolicited resumes or phone inquiries from agencies, thank you.