D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience - and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages - in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L's has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns - and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
Reporting to the Director of Awareness, the Social Media and PR Coordinator will work on a variety of projects that will help the external communications team enhance communications and execute on social media campaigns.
You may be working with different functions, including technical staff, software sales and marketing, company executives, or our teams around the world. You'll have the chance to learn about many different types of marketing and communication technologies that enable us to do our best work each day.
Major Responsibilities (How Will I Make an Impact?):
- Manage D2L's day-to-day social media communities (North American channels)
- Create social media content and campaigns that are executed across all social media channels
- Execute paid ads
- Increase D2L's brand presence and engagement across all our social media networks
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure social media campaigns are aligned
- Oversee design, copy, analytics tracking and budget processes related to social content/campaigns
- Assess, monitor and input key metrics to measure the success of D2L's social media strategy, making recommendations for areas of improvement
- Coordinating media monitoring & environmental scans
- Reporting - pulling data from news releases and inputting into metric dashboards
- Creating efficiencies through process and templating
- Collaboration with our marketing department for creative assets or website assets where required
Competencies (What you'll bring to the role):
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Organization and strong project management skills
- Strong knowledge of corporate social media and community management
- Hootsuite experience
- Extensive paid social media ads knowledge (Facebook/Instagram, LinkedIn, Reddit, Twitter)
- Google Analytics experience
- Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
Candidates must be enrolled in a co-op undergraduate, masters or PhD program diploma or degree program at a Canadian University or College.
Don't meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why We're Awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following.
All D2Lers receive:
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne
Full time, permanent employees are also eligible for:
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement