Date: Jul 14, 2022
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA (Canada)
Newmont is the world's leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company's world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
- The Americas HR Service Center primarily exists to help current and former employees find answers to their questions and solve their complex HR problems. The team has moved from a U.S.-based support offering to a centralized Americas support model. This broadened footprint will encompass approximately 11,000 employees located in offices and sites in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Argentina, Peru, and Suriname. This increased geography crosses multiple time zones and will support 4+ languages.
- The Americas HR Service Center Data Analyst will implement and maintain quality control procedures to ensure continued Human Resources data integrity. Identify and remedy data issues. Analyze and trend HR data, providing insight and recommendations. Develop and maintain HR Dashboards and reporting.
- The Americas HR Service Center Data Analyst will interact with business, Payroll and HR colleagues with data management activities.
- A high degree of ownership, strong communication skills, and the ability to handle sensitive situations with confidentiality and care are essential for this position.
- Provide data management support across Human Resources including data entry into SAP and SuccessFactors (OM, PA, position management and leave administration), data clean-up and ensuring integrity of data to meet quality control procedures and performance metrics.
- Responsible for correction of issues within HRIS system, ensuring data is clean in the data warehouse and other systems utilizing the HRIS data.
- Create and implement a quality control procedure to ensure continued Human Resources data integrity. Perform continuing data audits, identifying issues, and working with applicable departments to remedy issues in a timely manner.
- Develop and update HRIS business process documentation, standard operating procedures, operational guide, and end-user documents.
- Perform all regular system maintenance testing requirements for upgrades and enhancements.
- Responsible for reporting administration and user support for HR reporting tools
- Creation of queries to provide users with ad hoc report needs
- Design new reports, develop specifications, and partner with technical resources to test and implement
- Identify, develop, and deploy exception reports to ensure data integrity
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Training & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with SAP, SuccessFactors, ServiceNow, and Employee Central preferred.
- SAP/SuccessFactors job data administration and position management highly desirable.
- Advanced level Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word skills.
- General knowledge of U.S. federal and state employment laws preferred.
- Knowledge of multi-provincial Canadian employment law or local laws in Mexico, Argentina, Peru or Suriname preferred.
- Minimum three to six years of experience or equivalent combination of training and experience are necessary, Human Resources preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Critical thinker who can creatively provide solutions for optimization of processes
- Successfully work with others on a team, demonstrating true team skills
- Understand that a job goes beyond a job description and are willing to lend a helping hand
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills and excellent customer service skills..
- Strong PC skills using MS office software.
- Ability to manage work across all areas of the business and function successfully within a multi-national/cultural environment.
- Ability to handle tight deadlines and multi-tasking is a must.
- Problem identification and commitment to action on identified issues.
- Ability to handle highly confidential material on a continuous basis in an extremely professional manner.
- Must be detail oriented and quality driven.
- Ability to support multiple time zones across the Americas locations
- Incumbent must exemplify the Newmont values.
- The position is located in the Vancouver North America regional office with work from home options.
- Ability to support multiple time zones across the Americas locations.
- Position may be required to travel to and assist other domestic and international sites
Please enter Job Number 25129 to submit your online application (http://www.newmontgoldcorp.com/jobs).
Please ensure that you attach your resume as part of your online application. At this time, we are not accepting candidates referred by recruitment agencies.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Consistent with Newmont's values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination is a critical tool to fight this pandemic and protect the health and safety of Newmont's workforce and the communities in which we work and live. Accordingly, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you will be required to provide a declaration confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, prior to your anticipated start date. Further, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you may also be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date, or at a later date upon Newmont's request. Newmont will consider individual requests for exemption/reasonable accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical reasons or other grounds protected by applicable human rights law. Newmont may update its vaccination policies/requirements at any time in its sole discretion.