Competition Number: 22059
Job Title: Communication & Marketing Specialist
Department: Corporate Services
Employment Type: Full-Time Union
Salary: $36.40 based on a 35-hour work week
Posted Date: June 30, 2022, 12:00 am
Closing Date: July 17, 2022, 11:30 pm
Last Modified: June 30, 2022, 12:51 pm
The City of Courtenay invites applications for a full-timeposition of "Communication & Marketing Specialist? in the Communications Division of the Corporate Services Department. This is a full-time, union position subject to the terms and conditions in the collective agreement between the City and CUPE Local 556.
The Communication & Marketing Specialist is responsible for supporting a wide variety of internal and external City of Courtenay communications, and monitoring, updating, and maintaining corporate communication platforms for all departments and divisions.
- Diploma in public relations, communications, marketing, journalism, or other relevant discipline from a recognized educational institution, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid BC Class 5 Driver's License
- Sound (3 - 4 years) experience in communications, preferably in local government
- Considerable knowledge of communications best practices
- Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat, MS Office applications, website design and content management systems, and corporate social media maintenance and monitoring
- Considerable skill with using social media platforms in a corporate environment including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Hootsuite, online survey and e-newsletter platforms, and website content management systems
- Strong writing and editing skills, including familiarity with plain language principles, taking complex and technical information and making it interesting and easy for the public to understand.
- Strong interpersonal, public relations, communication, organizational, time-management, and computer skills; detail oriented
- Strong graphic design skills, including typography, layout and colour theory, and the ability to produce these in alignment with corporate branding
- Strong technical skill with Adobe Creative Cloud including Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
- Ability to function at a high level of professionalism and handle confidential/sensitive issues with skill, tact and diplomacy
- Ability to multi-task several projects and cope effectively with deadlines
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with, media representatives, staff, community organizations, and other internal and external contacts
The current hourly wage rate is $36.40 based on a 35-hour work week. Hours of work are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.
If you have the qualifications along with the passion to help Courtenay be the most liveable City in British Columbia, then submit a resume outlining how you meet the qualifications with a covering letter clearly marked ?Application - Communication & Marketing Specialist?. To submit your application, click on the ?Apply? button below no later than July 17, 2022.