Head of Talent Acquisition
Hamilton ON, Canada (Hybrid)
About L3Harris Canada
With three subsidiaries of L3Harris Technologies operating in Canada within the Integrated Mission Systems Segment, our Canadian divisions of include the WESCAM, MAS (Military Aviation Systems) and MAPPS (Maritime Power & Propulsion Systems). Combined, we develop the most advanced optical and sensor systems for global defense and military sectors, Homeland Security, Search & Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies. We are the sole provider of avionics and aircraft modernization/upgrade services to Canada's fleet of CF-18 fighters as well as Snowbirds aircraft, and produce Integrated Platform Management systems used by many of the world's largest naval fleets to manage all major shipboard operating systems in one place.
About the Role
Leading all Talent Acquisition functions across Canada, the Head of Talent Acquisition (internally referenced to our career framework as Sr. Manager, Talent Acquisition), you will work closely with the Segment Director of Talent Acquisition, Human Resources and business leadership across all Canadian divisions to develop, execute and continuously improve a talent acquisition framework designed to sustain a strategic, diverse pipeline of talent while delivering high reliability, best-in-class results for on-going talent acquisition programs.
Our hiring focus is varied across Canadian Divisions of L3HARRIS - with particular emphasis on both traditional engineering functions as well as highly specialized engineering including Optical, Image Processing, Opto-Mechanical, Manufacturing, Aerospace/Aviation, Systems and more. We also focus on specific domains including fighter-aircraft avionics and upgrades, high-precision optical component fabrication, and many Defense-related professional roles that support the engineering, build and delivery of highly-sensitive military equipment.
- Responsible for leading a strategic, best in class, results-based recruiting function operating in several jurisdictions across Canada
- Lead efforts to compile and analyze data from multiple sources to standardize reporting across the sector
- Accountable for achieving established hiring goals and objectives in both commercial and program-based businesses.
- Develop recruiting strategies and tactics aligned with business needs
- Create a best in class talent acquisition team by providing ongoing development, mentoring, and learning experiences
- Develop operational priorities that shape talent acquisition initiatives aligned with business planning
- Develop effective working relationships with business leaders across Canada
- Accountable for the development and execution of recruitment strategies across all business areas and geographies including Diversity and Campus
- Continuously strive for process improvements and efficiencies
- Plan, organize, and direct implementation of company policies
- Ensure adherence to Canadian legal and compliance requirements for employment, privacy, communications as well as specific defense industry related frameworks.
Required Skills and Experiences
- Minimum 12 years related Talent Acquisition experience with at least 6 years management and leadership experience with local, remote, hybrid and geographically varied teams
- Proven experience with a variety of recruitment marketing/CRM, sourcing techniques and platforms
- Highly collaborative leadership style, capable of working across multiple functional areas to lead and represent the recruiting function
- Ability to manage competing demands and priorities for multiple stakeholders
- Strong customer focus and ability to translate the needs of the business into recruiting actions
- Very strong influencing skills with a variety of audiences including leadership
- Strong project and program management skills to support a wide-spectrum of talent acquisition initiatives.
- Ability to acquire, translate and visualize TA data, KPI's and metrics to support the data-driven performance of the TA function and provide meaningful insights into trends and variances.
- Experience with multiple large, enterprise-wide program implementations such as applicant tracking systems, new talent acquisition tools, or compliance processes
- Deep expertise in Talent Acquisition focused technologies and platforms - with a specific focus on ATS's, CRM systems and various search platforms.
- Given the nature of the products and technology produced by L3HARRIS, all employees must be able to obtain and maintain registration with the Canadian Controlled Goods Directorate upon clearance of a rigorous background screening process.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience in complex Engineering, Manufacturing, Defense or Aerospace industries would be considered preferable
- Bilingual (ENG/FR) would be desirable but not required
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com