The EA SPORTS Brand Marketing Manager role leads marketing for the latest acclaimed franchise in the EA SPORTS portfolio, Super Mega Baseball, with long-term opportunity to support other world-class EA SPORTS experiences. You will guide the strategic planning of the global Brand Marketing campaign, applying creative marketing and communication experience to plan marketing activation mapped to business and brand goals.
The Brand Marketing Manager will report to the Senior Brand Director and create a strategic marketing roadmap in collaboration with important partners; including Creative leads to ensure the marketing campaign carries a clear narrative; important channel owners across marcom and commercial channels to ensure holistic consumer journeys across several touchpoints; and with insights teams to measure success against campaign goals and measurements.
You are passionate about bringing signature marketing campaigns to life, dedicated to flawless execution of those campaigns, and collaborative with important partners to use insights and expertise in multiple disciplines. The Brand Marketing Manager has a passion for interactive entertainment and for the joy and connective power of sport.
- Lead development of strategy and tactics for global marketing campaigns, including (a) partnering with Creative marketing leads to carry a clear narrative through the campaign; (b) signature projects that serve as foundations for GTM plans; (c) Connections Planning with CFX marketing teams for omni-channel consumer journeys connected to campaigns; (d) establishment of campaign success indicators.
- Ensure world-class marketing execution, including (a) leading processes that ensure cross-functional agreement and communication; (b) creating clear and inspiring articulations of the marketing plan that provide partners with unambiguous insights, goals, and concepts to build upon, (c) advocating for partnership and collaboration across multiple partners and teams to foster a singular team culture and output.
- Measure and improve campaign impact including (a) establishment of important measurements that establish success benchmarks against marketing campaigns, (b) partnering with cross-functional channel owners to ensure channel indicators support broader goals, and (c) aligning with Brand Management, Studio, Commercial and Creative partners on how marketing planning and activation drives success in the long-term health of the business.
- Promote marketing operations that promote readiness in global marketing campaigns, including partnering with Finance, Legal, and Business Affairs teams to track and deploy budget, and maintain compliance.
- Report on marketing health, risks, and opportunities to the Sr Director of Brand and other partners within EA SPORTS.
- Promote team collaboration across a wide group of partners, including (a) driving weekly cross-functional campaign meetings to lead agreement and progress in marketing plans, (b) serving as a brand expert and ambassador with inspiration and inclusivity, (c) sharing important updates on campaign health measured in KPIs, and (d) driving optimization and agreement toward new opportunities to win.
Ideal Characteristics and Competencies:
- Inclusiveness: Champion diversity of opinion and perspective. Welcome all voices and empower partners around you to have input.
- Collaboration: Share expertise and resources to help others. Include all who can contribute to a successful outcome. Stay engaged even when not in full agreement.
- Communication: Craft and tailor stories for varied motivations. Integrate multi-channel considerations into a consistent and connected point of view. Share and update team members on a regular, self-managed and cadence.
- Accountability: Prepare a road map for success, ensure all are clear, and keep progress on track. Assume responsibility for actions and outcomes.
- Solution-oriented: Embrace change and help others adjust. Modify approach according to context.
- Determination: Creatively progress around constraints and blockers. Seek solutions designed to stay on brief, on strategy, and to pursue the objective.
- Productivity: Keep up with and promote an organized and streamlined rhythm of business.
- Passion: Embrace all tasks that move the business and the work forward.
- Experience working in a marketing/communication roles; e.g. Product Marketing; Creative; Operations; Communications.
- Experience driving process against expected results.
- 5+ years experience working in a matrixed team environment characterized by interdependency.
- Experience working with teams and team members across departments, time zones and territories.
- Passion and enthusiasm for subject matter, with fluency in EA SPORTS brands
- Passion for the joy of sport.
Electronic Arts is an innovative tech company that creates incredible experiences for millions of players around the world. But what matters most is our people who inspire us, and the world, to play. As we bring new forms of entertainment to people around the world, we need innovative, collaborative, diverse and adaptable people to keep making Electronic Arts better.