Digital Public Square (DPS) seeks a digital marketing specialist interested in mis/disinformation and global affairs projects. We are looking for someone whose eyes light up when you hear about an opportunity to help grow an established entity that is rapidly accelerating within a working culture of smart, genuinely caring, and driven people.
Digital Public Square is a technology powered non-profit that works to build healthy communities enabled by good technology. We aren't a tech company that declared a mission. We are a mission based Not-for-Profit that builds great technology. In fact, we don't define ourselves by what we are ?not? (ie: a Not-For-Profit), rather we define ourselves as a For-Impact organization because we have strong revenue streams.
We work on some of the biggest threats today such as mis/disinformation that is toxic to vulnerable communities. We help communities become more inclusive and responsive. Our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Equity and Belonging are baked into our culture and our technology offering: Equality comes from meaningful participation; Diversity is how we grow.
Why not spend the rest of your pandemic journey on work worth doing? Compromises are minimal - we pay competitive wages and health benefits and are chock-a-block full of intrinsic rewards.
About Digital Public Square
Communities are healthier when they have vibrant spaces and opportunities to cultivate belonging, inclusion, connectedness, and meaningful engagement. Digital Public Square (DPS) and its founding team have spent the better part of a decade learning how to create tools that generate these outcomes with good technology. From building platforms that track political accountability; to tackling critical public health issues that impact the world; to empowering new voices countering violent online narratives with evocative campaigns; and even creating new ways for neighbourhood communities to reach decisions - Digital Public Square has created tools that enable people to more safely explore complex ideas at scale.
How you work:
- Thoughtful, flexible, and affable
- Thorough and keen attention to detail
- Able to balance priorities of a diverse set of stakeholders on shared projects
- A critical thinker, not afraid to ask questions
- Proactive problem solver
- Result oriented
- Collaborative and communicative
- Continuously Learning
- Outcome and Impact Oriented
- Fosters healthy relationships
What you will do:
It's a wonderful moment to join us! We are clear on our mission, we have experimented and know what works in the market. We are using a modern tech stack, plus perhaps more importantly, the product is built by a smart and caring team.
We have already done the deep work on building MVPs and proven market success in multiple verticals and issue areas.
Working closely with our Product Owner, you will join our cross-functional product team and contribute by doing the following:
- Setup, manage, and optimize digital advertising campaigns
- Manage A/B testing of ad copy and content, optimize for conversion
- Analyze campaign data and regularly report recommendations
- Coordinate with product owner, creative team, and client representatives to ensure distribution strategy is in line with organization's brand, values, and objectives
- Help make incremental improvements to distribution workflow
- Work with team to provide creative content and image suggestions for digital advertisement
- Work with team to create a marketing calendar
Who you are:
We know that some of the best designers come from virtually any background so we've built the following list as a guideline for some of the skills and interests - but we strive to build our team with members from a diverse background and skill set, so if any combination of these applies to you, please apply.
- Character: integrity; honesty; credibility, passionate
- 2 years experience in a digital advertising role
- Experience working in a team environment and supporting varying levels of familiarity with the mechanics of digital distribution
- Experience working with large digital advertising campaigns
- Experience working with Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok, Google Ads, etc.
- Experimental mindset and desire to learn about unknown distribution spaces
- Comfortable managing multiple concurrent marketing campaigns
Bonus if you have any of the following (tell us about it in your cover letter!):
- Google Ads and Google Analytics certifications
- Demonstrated interest (academic, professional or lived) in global affairs projects
- Interest in the mis/disinformation space
What to expect as a candidate:
We understand that joining a team is one of the most important decisions you make. Adding a team member is one of the most important decisions we make. We want you to get to know us and we want to understand how you approach problems, learn, and what makes you tick. Our vision is to build healthy communities that raise the quality of life for everyone, and that includes our team members. While we are never perfect, we have built a process that fosters fairness and helps to minimize bias, this includes structured processes and interviews.
Our goal is that everyone interviewed has a positive experience, regardless of the outcome.
Stage 1: Send us your resume and a note about how your story connects to ours (For LinkedIn you have to put the note and resume in a single file). Feel free to focus on what you have learned rather than just a list of responsibilities. Tell us your story! We believe a resume should be a value proposition rather than simply a list of places you've worked. We promise that a human will read each and every story. We'll aim to tell you quickly if it is not the right fit so you are always informed.
Stage 3: ?In person? (well, as in person as 2022 gets, meaning a video call) discussions with the hiring manager and other relevant team members. Come with questions!
Stage 4: We might ask you to participate in a short exercise that gives you a realistic preview of the work and gives us insight into how you operate. No need to prepare, show us what you already know!
Stage 5: If you are offered the position we might need to perform a background check as we work with sensitive data.
What you'll enjoy about DPS:
- You get to lead building scaling grade products that will save lives and genuinely help communities who have been marginalized or made more vulnerable.
- You get to build something good for people and see the results of your work quickly, in multiple contexts, at the same time.
- You will wear many hats, be a crucial part of company growth, and take on new initiatives from scratch.
- When we can return, we work in a creative, downtown office space. Comfort and inspiration are a must at work.
- A stacked leadership team. Our core leadership team is equipped with unmatched industry knowledge and unique past experiences. They are always accessible and eager to work directly with the entire team.
- Self Development & Education Fund. Never stop learning! We support and subsidize many conferences, classes, and books.
- Health Care Coverage and flexible personal & sick days. We want our team to be happy and healthy.
- Monthly Creative days! No meetings to give people an opportunity to disconnect from the immediacy of our regular work, and reflect on the bigger challenges that our work contributes to.
This is a term position (9 months) with health benefits starting immediately. Due to COVID-19 we are a ?digital by default? company with team members working remotely. We are exclusively looking for people legally entitled to work in Canada for any employer, without restriction on a permanent basis AND an Ontario based resident that can join us in the downtown Toronto office as needed once it is safe to re-open offices.
DPS strongly believes that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will result in a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. DPS is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants based on race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, or disability, or any other status or condition protected by Ontario or local law. DPS is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.