As a member-owned cooperative, we're helping our members with their real goals and real challenges so they can live the real life they want. It's what we've been doing for over 80 years, and it's why today we stand almost 600,000 members strong. Plus, we invest 10% of our budgeted profits back into our community - almost $90 million since 2000 alone - because when our members do well, we believe our communities should do well too.
Leadership Communications Manager
Location: British Columbia (CA-BC), Surrey
Job Type: Full Time
myWork Options: Remote, Hybrid & In-person
What's the job?
The Leadership Communications Manager leads the development and implementation of integrated communication strategies and content development in support of Coast Capital's strategic priorities and business objectives, with a particular focus on the company's leadership communications. The Manager plans, implements and executes communications for the CEO and senior leaders - including through speeches, email and Intranet updates, all-staff calls, blogs, internal events, reports and presentations - that inform, educate, and influence target audiences including employees, members, partners and other stakeholders.
Reporting to the Director, Internal & Employee Communications, the Manager is responsible for communications counsel, planning and implementation for a range of internal clients, including the CEO, Executive Committee, senior leadership, department heads, division leaders and project leaders. Working collaboratively with internal partners, the Manager is frequently engaged in designing and rolling out communications on sensitive topics.
What you'll get to do:
- Work closely with Communications team senior leaders to manage executive communications on organization-wide initiatives and projects.
- Plan, manage, implement and execute CEO communications, including blog posts, speeches, all-staff calls, and internal and external presentations.
- Plan, manage, implement and execute the communication of our corporate strategy and corporate planning updates.
- Provide advanced writing and editing for critical corporate initiatives, including creating and maintaining dynamic and interactive content.
- Deliver effective integrated communication solutions through collaborative working relationships with each functional area of the Communications department and company-wide partners, as appropriate.
- Provide support in developing communication strategies and preparing confidential materials for management about sensitive Human Resource announcements and contentious corporate matters.
- Represent the Communications team by demonstrating integral leadership and positively promoting the organization's vision and direction while being an effective change leader.
- Research, learn and keep abreast of innovations and best practices in the area of Leadership Communications to be a champion for continuous improvement in our activities.
- Keeps up-to-date on key industry players and market/competitive landscape and maintains an awareness of external factors that affect the industry (regulatory environment, suppliers, etc.) to provide insightful and competitive recommendations.
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor's Degree and experience in public relations, communications or journalism is required.
- Minimum 7 - 9 Years of Job-Related Experience
- Demonstrable experience in strategic and executive communications, including experience directly supporting and working alongside CEOs and executive teams, project management and planning, and production management for various communications materials.
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques, including knowledge of effective influencing tactics and strategies.
- Ability to interview subject matter experts to distill key messages and deliver superior communications products.
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Must have working-level knowledge and/or skills as follows: understanding of web technology, communication theory and tools, design, print production, special event planning, Intranet content production and posting, email and social media.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and MS Sharepoint.
- Knowledge of financial services is an asset.
Why join Coast Capital?
Purpose is our North Star. We look at everything through our purpose. It informs the advice we provide our members, the experiences and products we create, and the programs we build to support our employees and communities.
Committed to inclusion and engagement. We have an ongoing focus on equity, diversity, and inclusion and routinely track how we're doing, and what we need to do to keep improving. We foster a culture where everyone can feel safe to be who they really are and thrive.
A career that grows with you. We believe in developing our people and promoting from within. Many employees have spent decades, and sometimes their entire careers, with Coast Capital and have progressed from the frontlines to senior leadership.
Work where you're most effective. In 2020 the world changed, and that includes how we work. In response to COVID-19 we launched myWork, which gives employees flexibility in where they work based on the nature of their role.
Benefits that flex to the needs of you and your family. We offer comprehensive, customizable benefits for you and your family, so you can choose what fits best for you and your lifestyle.
Retirement options. We also take care of our employees once they retire. That's why we offer the choice of a defined contribution or defined benefit pension plan or RSP's.
Mortgage and auto financing benefits. Employees save thousands on their mortgages and auto loans with best-in-category benefits.
Real recognition. We recognize excellence throughout the year, through an online community that lets employees give kudos and thanks throughout the year. We're human, which means we like to have fun with events, celebrations, and recognition throughout the year.
An award winning culture. We're a Platinum member of Canada's Best Managed Companies and are regularly recognized by Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures and the BC Top Employers Awards.
We reinvest 10% back into the community. When we do well, our communities do well. That's why since 2000 we've invested over $90 million into our member's communities.
Double your impact. Through our employee volunteer program, Coast Capital donates $10 for every hour you volunteer to a Canadian charity or non-profit of your choice.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at Coast Capital
At Coast Capital, we value diversity, equity and inclusion. We're not all the same and we like it that way. We don't just accept differences - we celebrate, support, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our members, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
COVID-19 at Coast Capital
Coast Capital Savings is committed to the health and safety of our employees, member, and communities. With this commitment in mind, Coast Capital complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and making COVID vaccination a pre-condition to employment with Coast Capital. All successful applicants must provide acceptable evidence of full vaccination against COVID-19, before any contract of employment becomes final and binding, and before your start date can be set.
Exceptions may apply where vaccination is not possible for medical or religious reasons that are protected under Canadian human rights laws. Should successful applicants require a medical or religious accommodation related to vaccination please discuss whether an exception may apply with your Talent Acquisition Advisor.