The Event Coordinator ensures that our standards of customer service and satisfaction are exceeded throughout the entire event planning process from the event finalization phase to execution.
OPPORTUNITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Plan, organize and finalize all event details for weddings, corporate and social events and ensure client satisfaction on the day of the event
- Assist clients in the planning process with upgrades and suggestions that enhance their experience.
- Create floor plans for events, as well as reviewing clients' floor plan for accuracy and calculation of seated guests.
- Co-ordinate event logistics for sample meals.
- Ensure completion of banquet event orders (BEOs), floor plans and other documents required for all team members participating with the event.
- Respond to all email and phone inquiries, confirmation of event details, questions and concerns from clients in a timely manner.
- Utilize effective upselling techniques with clients for add on items.
- Stay up to date on industry trends by reading publications, attending seminars, conferences, webinars and other professional development avenues in relation to the wedding & events industry.
- Introduce and recommend preferred vendors for event services, including: décor, set-up and day of coordination professionals, lighting and DJ services, event rental companies, etc.
- Maintain good working relations with Carmen's preferred vendors and ensure adherence to event space, policies and regulations, and submitting of the purchase order related to their services.
- Maintain solid and open communication with operations department.
- Build partnership with maître'd, chef and key servers in order to ensure that the service standards are maintained.
- Attend and participate in sales, operations & Carmen's Group meetings as required.
- Use of Caterease program to track, solicit, book, and follow up on accounts.
- Prepare invoices and invoice clients for any outstanding balance owed on their contract, prior to the event taking place.
- Conduct and take sales calls as needed to show prospective clients the facility and utilize effective sales techniques to book events.
- Other related duties as required.
- Post-Secondary education, specialization in Event Management, Professional Event Planning, Tourism, Hospitality Management, Social Sciences, or Arts preferred.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in an Event Coordinator position.
- Knowledge of Caterease is considered an asset.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong sense of exceeding in providing quality service to our internal and external customers.
- Customer service mindset as well as a high level of ethics and integrity.
- Flexible work schedule, including evenings and weekends.
Carmen's group is an entertainment and hospitality company committed to creating extraordinary memories for our guests and clients. Driven by our passion, creativity, innovative thinking, and world class service, we have remained industry champions for over 40 years. We are committed to enriching the lives of our guests through providing one of a kind experiences at each of our venues including Carmen's Banquet Centre, The Best Western Premier C Hotel by Carmen's, The Lakeview by Carmen's, Hamilton Convention Centre by Carmen's and fig&lemon. We are devoted to bringing excitement to Hamilton and Southern Ontario, and to enhancing the image of Hamilton with every strategic initiative we pursue.
Carmen's Group makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Carmen's Group will strive to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify The People & Culture Team upon scheduling your interview.