From coast-to-coast, our inspiring colleagues are at the heart of what we do best: helping people, businesses and society prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times. With our team, you’ll bring this purpose to life every day by living our Values, being open to change, and pursuing your goals.
At Intact, we’ll give you countless opportunities to learn and grow, alongside a diverse and passionate community of experts – the best the industry has to offer. You’ll be empowered to be your best self, do your best work, and make a meaningful impact. Here, you can: shape the future of insurance, win as a team, and grow with us.
About the role:
The Corporate Affairs & Communications team focuses on reputational management by providing Internal and External Communications, Government Relations and Social Impact solutions that support IFC’s business objectives and 10-year strategic roadmap.
- Supporting and amplifying the common elements that bring us together, define our unique culture and drive outperformance
- Protecting and promoting the IFC brand and reputation globally
- Elevating IFC’s role in helping to build resilient communities where we do business
- Creating and amplifying thought leadership content to share IFC’s knowledge and expertise
- Enhancing employee engagement across IFC – emphasize what makes us a winning team
Senior Communications Advisor, Media Relations is responsible for:
- Building Intact Financial Corporation’s (IFC) corporate brand and supporting IFC’s other brands through external communications strategies, with a stronger focus on media relations strategies.
- Protecting and enhancing corporate reputation and positioning Intact as a leader in the property and casualty insurance industry.
What you’ll do here:
- Execute external communications programs aligned with business objectives
- Expertly write press releases, articles, speeches, blogs related to corporate affairs and corporate messaging
- Support a wide range of campaigns and programs with internal and external teams
- Bring expertise on leading trends and best practices in media relations
- Position internal thought leaders to help tell the Intact story
- Support senior leaders for speaking opportunities and/or media interviews
- Manage issues and media requests with speed and good judgment
- Provide guidance on external communications strategies and processes with internal stakeholders, including managing the disclosure process
- Support business units for catastrophes and severe weather events
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders across the company and other IFC brands
- Monitor, track and report on media coverage
What you bring to the table:
- French is a definite asset
- Undergraduate degree required – preferably communications, journalism, public relations, or a business degree with a certificate in corporate communications/public relations or any equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience in public relations, corporate affairs or journalism
- Strong media relations background with a proven track record proactively pitching media
- Stellar writing skills, an understanding of newswriting techniques and keen sense of newsworthiness
- Proven abilities in building relationships with reporters, bloggers, and influencers
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work and multitask in an environment with multiple deadlines and competing demands that may require longer hours
Here are a few reasons why others have joined our team:
- An award-winning, inspiring workplace that supports its people and recognizes great work
- Stimulating, challenging projects and development opportunities to help you grow your skills and career
- A comprehensive financial rewards program that recognizes your success
- An extensive, flexible benefits package
- An industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan where we match 50% of net shares purchased
- A $350 annual wellness account that promotes an active lifestyle
Flexible Work Arrangements
We’re proud to support a flexible hybrid approach which gives everyone the best of both worlds. While there are no minimum or maximum time requirements, each team’s need for in-person connections will be different and there will be times you’ll join your colleagues at the office.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
If we can provide a specific adjustment to make the recruitment process more accessible for you, please let us know when we reach out about a job opportunity. We’ll work with you to meet your needs.
Click here to review other important information about the hiring process, including background checks, internal candidates, and eligibility to work in Canada.