Who We Are:
At Wagepoint, we're good people. Sure, maybe we're biased. But that's only because Wagepointers bring the best versions of ourselves to do some of the best work in our careers.
We're an authentic team who bring our diverse backgrounds, ideas, experiences and cultures together to make payroll magic. Speaking of, we ?pull rabbits out of hats? for thousands of small business owners across the US and Canada who rely on our payroll software to pay their employees and process their payroll taxes. And we're just getting started.
We're growing and looking for more awesome people to join our merry band of misfits. We are looking for people who share our understanding that when it comes to our commitment to our customers: we mean business. Especially given that the consequences of getting payroll wrong can sometimes be dire.
If you are the kind of person who has always wanted to make a difference and be heard at work, Wagepoint will give you plenty of opportunities to do just that.
The role at a high level:
We're looking for a seriously creative (but not too serious) Product Communications Specialist to work with our Marketing Team on a full-time basis to help bring our product story to life. The ideal candidate will understand that, just because we're a payroll company, we don't need to communicate like one. Using our friendly brand voice, you will develop delightfully helpful communications that inform, update and captivate our customers (really!), sharing everything new and exciting about our payroll app, as well as tips and tricks for best using it. You will report directly to our Marketing Manager - Brand, Content and Communications.
What you'll be doing:
- Acting as a direct link between our product and our clients.
- Coordinating, streamlining and strategizing our product communications efforts.
- Collaborating with teams across the organization to understand the ?how? and ?why? of Wagepoint's product and services, and translating this information for our customers in a way they will actually want to read.
- Applying your exceptional writing skills to develop external communications, including product emails, knowledge-base articles, blogs, how-tos, in-app notifications and occasional social posts that empower Wagepoint customers to have the best possible user experience with our app, and a smooth experience with their payroll.
- Developing and executing strategic communications plans around product updates, releases and developments.
- Developing internal communications to keep Wagepointers up-to-date on the latest product developments, including a monthly product newsletter.
- Managing a product communications calendar and style guide.
- Ensuring that all of our product communications are accurate, consistent and in alignment with the Wagepoint brand.
- Finding new, creative ways to communicate the Wagepoint ?secret sauce? to our audiences.
- Defining success metrics for product communications. Tracking and delivering on our goals.
What you bring to the table:
- years of experience in a communications role.
- An educational background in communications, marketing, journalism, technical writing or a related field.
- An ability to write clear, friendly communications about technical topics.
- A sense of empathy, and an understanding of your core audience, that will allow you to articulate the real-life impact of a product feature/update on the client.
- An ability to combine facts with fun.
- A meticulous attention to detail that others sometimes find terrifying.
- The confidence to ask questions, sometimes repeatedly, until you really feel like you understand a topic well-enough to explain it to others.
- An editorial mindset that understands how to create content based on audience needs.
- An ability to adapt to change in a fast-growing company.
Bonus points if:
- You speak any payroll lingo.
- You're the person your friends go to when they need a quick proofread (or a deep conversation about the use of the em dash).
- You can throw a Beyoncé reference into a product email and make it work.
What we bring to the table:
- The opportunity to work with the world's friendliest team, solving interesting problems together.
- The ability to work from home, forever! Wagepoint is a remote company, so you don't have to worry about commuting to an office. Plus, more time with your pets is always a bonus!
- An autonomous work environment - we're a growing startup - so we'll be looking to you to roll up your sleeves and dive right in! No red tape, just bring your great ideas and your powerful work ethic.
- An endless amount of laughter - we don't take ourselves too seriously. We work hard, but we always have time for a bad joke or two.
If all the above feels right and proper, please don't feel like you need to send us an uninspired cover letter. Just send us your updated resume and perhaps a few lines on what excites you about the job - we really want to get to know who you are, not just about how we can work together. If we believe you're a good match, someone from our team will reach out to schedule a call.
Wagepoint is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and appreciate all applicants with diverse backgrounds, races, religions, genders, identities, ages, experiences (the list goes on!). We are committed to making not only our workplace safe and inclusive for everyone, but also ensuring our recruitment process reflects that. We are a remote company, so there's no need to travel to an office for an interview, but if you require any special accommodation during our recruitment process, please let us know. We are more than happy to assist!
Wagepoint is a simple and fast online payroll app, backed by the world's friendliest team.
The app is ideal for small businesses across North America (US & Canada) who are looking to pay their employees easily and quickly.