Date Posted: 06/20/2022
Req ID: 25188
Faculty/Division: Faculty of Arts & Science
Department: Communications and Public Affairs
Campus: St. George (Downtown Toronto)
Position Number: 00052349
The Faculty of Arts & Science is the heart of Canada's leading university and one of the most comprehensive and diverse academic divisions in the world. The strength of Arts & Science derives from our combined teaching and research excellence in the humanities, sciences and social sciences across 29 departments, seven colleges and 46 interdisciplinary centres, institutes and programs.
We can only realize our mission with the dedication and excellence of engaged staff and faculty. The diversity of opportunities and perspectives within the Faculty reflect the local and global landscape and the need for curiosity, innovative thinking and collaboration. At Arts & Science, we take pride in our legacy of innovation and discovery that has changed the way we think about the world.
Communications & Public Affairs develops communication plans and campaigns to support the goals and objectives of the Faculty of Arts & Science. Amazing things happen here every day and we love to tell the stories that promote the strengths and achievements of our community. Our areas of focus include news and media relations, marketing and design, digital content management, strategic communications planning and output that responds to the needs of our diverse audiences including students, faculty, staff, alumni and donors.
Reporting to the Director, Advancement Communications, the Associate Director, Advancement Communications is a key member of the Faculty Communications team with the Faculty of Arts and Science. Working closely with the Director, the incumbent is responsible for developing and implementing comprehensive and targeted marketing/ communication strategies, with a digital first approach, to support campaign priorities and engage stakeholders, such as, students, faculty, staff, alumni and donors.
Your responsibilities will include:
Developing a comprehensive and integrated marketing communications strategy
- Developing and implementing marketing plans to promote programs, events and/or initiatives that support strategic objectives primarily for advancement communications
- Advising on marketing best practices and brand-building opportunities
- Advising on long-term market growth and outreach strategies
- liaising with internal contacts to ensure communications reflect advancement campaign goals
- Conducting detailed data analysis to inform management decision making
- Overseeing the production of promotional and marketing materials
- Overseeing work of short-term contractors
Bachelor's Degree in a related field, such as Communications, Journalism, English and/or acceptable combination of equivalent experience
- Minimum five years recent and related experience in advancement communications and marketing, preferably in a fundraising environment, with experience in successfully developing and implementing advancement marketing plans to promote programs, events and/or initiatives
- Experience writing and drafting marketing and communications plans and materials, digital, social, online and print, in a busy, fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated experience with project planning and management, design, development and production coordinating the production of online, social andprint marketing materials.
- Experience with researching target markets and related data collection and analysis, preparation and presentation of reports and recommendations for inclusion in strategic documents.
- Experience working in a highly complex organization with multi-stakeholders.
- Experience, confidence and willingness to work across units and departments.
- Experience in searching for, analyzing and reporting statistical data, as well as designing surveys
- Superior communication skills (oral and written) including demonstrated writing skills and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage conflicting priorities and deadlines, and attention to detail are critical
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in social media, with excellent skills in leveraging content
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Adobe)
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Problem solver
Closing Date: 07/04/2022, 11:59PM ET
Employee Group: USW
Appointment Type: Budget - Continuing
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone:
USW Pay Band 15 - $85,159 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $108,904. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Job Category: Communication/Media/Public Relations
Lived Experience Statement
Candidates who are members of Indigenous, Black, racialized and 2SLGBTQ+ communities, persons with disabilities, and other equity deserving groups are encouraged to apply, and their lived experience shall be taken into consideration as applicable to the posted position.