find your place at park Hyatt Toronto: Be a part of something bigger. Make a difference in the lives of those around you. Love where you work. Join a family that values respect, integrity, humility, empathy, creativity and fun. At Hyatt, diversity, equity and inclusion are at the core of our purpose, to care for people, so they can be their best.
Be part of the team bringing in a new era of a Toronto legacy hotel. Recently renovated with striking architecture, art and bespoke culinary experiences, Park Hyatt Toronto offers sophisticated, approachable luxury with distinct character highlighting our Yorkville location.
WHAT ARE THE ADDITIONAL BENEFITS of WORKING AT THE park Hyatt Toronto?
- Complimentary meal during shift
- Paid medical days
- Employer RRSP Matching Contributions
- Complimentary hotel nights and discounts at Hyatt properties around the world
- Extended Health and Dental medical benefits for you and your dependents 30 days after joining
- Tuition reimbursement program
What you will be doing:
- Lead and supervise the Event Services team, ensuring service standards are followed
- Effectively operate and create an environment that is committed to exceeding guests' expectations by ensuring proper staffing, organizing employee tasks/assignments/projects and coordinating maintenance of event space.
- Ensure accuracy and consistency of even set-ups by checking the meeting room and reviewing the corresponding banquet event order.
- Motivate, mentor and train the Event Services team
- Ensure relevant brand standards are maintained
- Directing staff and being on the floor will be a large part of this position
- Create unforgettable experiences for our guests
- At least 2 years of experience as a Banquet Manager or prior experience in managing or supervising a banquet/ F&B team
- Bachelor's degree in Hospitality or related fields
- Proven ability to build and maintain good relationships with all stakeholders
- Communicate thoughts, actions and opportunities clearly with strong networking skills
- Ability to lead by example, believe in a strong team culture and set the scene for high performance
- Must have a flexible schedule, be highly motivated and quality driven
- Detail-oriented yet able to excel while multi-tasking
- Able to accept responsibility and lead by example
- Computer skills as well as familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in point of sale system is an asset
- Ontario Smart Serve certificate
- Working in an unionized environment is an asset
All Candidates must be in possession of identification proving authorization to work in Canada. This Position does not offer sponsorship of Work Visas. Resumes submitted that cannot fulfill these requirements will not be considered.