Senior Web Developer
Location: Sydney, NS
Term: Permanent, Full-Time
Number of Positions: 1
Anticipated Start Date: As Soon As Possible
About the Organization
Established in 2001, Protocase Inc. offers unique custom manufacturing to the engineering, design and research industries by combining advanced manufacturing techniques with innovative software. Using the expertise and dedication of more than 350 employees, Protocase is proud to have a client base of over 16,000 customers throughout North America and around the globe. Customers include Boeing, L3, Raytheon, Google, Apple, Microsoft, NASA, MIT and many more. To learn more about the company, visit http://www.protocase.com.
45Drives Ltd. is a division of Protocase that develops, manufactures, markets, and sells ultra-large, customizable storage servers. 45Drives is highly differentiated from mainstream computer manufacturers due to its open designs and relationships with the open-source software community. The company stays true to its community roots in its product development, technical support, marketing, and business practices. To learn more, visit http://www.45drives.com.
Why Protocase & 45Drives?
Full disclosure, we work a little differently here at Protocase Inc./45Drives. This isn't a job where you punch in and punch out. we come to work every day because we wish to earn a living in a meaningful way. We believe too many people exist without finding joy and meaning in their everyday jobs. At Protocase Inc./45Drives, we create workplaces where our people want to come to work in the morning and feel good when they go home at the end of the day. It only exists and thrives because each of us contributes in our own way. Does this sound like something you want to be a part of?
- Our Customers are #1
- Help Others Succeed
- Build and Maintain Functional Relationships with Everyone
- Openness, Honesty and Transparency
- Common Sense
About the Opportunity
Protocase and 45Drives is currently seeking a Senior Web Developer to join our marketing team in Sydney (Cape Breton), Nova Scotia. Our companies' websites are a primary means of communicating with prospective and current customers about our products and services.
As a Senior Web Developer, you will assist the marketing team taking on several key tasks and responsibilities:
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best practices
- Integrate data from various back-end services
- Gather requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain documentation
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies and industry trends
- Completion of high school, as well as relevant post-secondary program
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and attention to detail
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Excellent time-management skills
- Thrive working in a team environment
- Criminal record check and security clearance
In order to succeed in this role, you must be proficient, with 5+ years' experience in the following areas:
- Web Server Maintenance (software upgrades)
About the Benefits
Besides an annual salary that ranges between $62,000 and $76,000, you will also enjoy the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance and Group Insurance Benefits as well as a cost-shared Company Pension Plan after six months of full time employment
- Two weeks' vacation (three weeks' vacation at three years of employment; four weeks' vacation at five years)
- Cost-shared YMCA Fitness Membership after three months
- Regular social events such as lunches and team-building sessions, as well as seasonal parties.