Working under the supervision of the Senior Executive Assistant, the Administrative Assistant will support and assist the Canad Inns team with duties assigned by the Senior Executive Assistant.
- Monitor switchboard - direct, screen and filter calls and messages accordingly;
- Schedule and coordinate boardroom meetings, confirm meetings and/or appointments to ensure Boardroom is available or alternative is located;
- Arrange for and monitor courier services;
- Administer Canadvantage Rewards Program;
- Assist Communications Department with various updates: website, client communication, database collection;
- Canad Inns internal supply orders: fulfillment, restocking, accounting;
- Liaise with internal departments, vendors and corporate contacts;
- Assist with research and compilation data as needed;
- Perform general clerical duties including but not limited to: photocopying, filing, faxing and mailing;
- Create and modify documents using MS Office as assigned, ensuring all documents are accurately reviewed;
- Assist Administration Team with tasks and other requests as needed;
- Maintain Office Equipment & Stationary Supplies (ordering toner, ink and other supplies, and contact person for machine repairs).
- Minimum three years of experience providing administrative support;
- High School Diploma, Post-Secondary considered an asset;
- Advanced experience in the use of MS Office applications with an emphasis on Word and Excel required;
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time;
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Maintains professionalism and confidentiality at all times;
- Excellent judgement and strong problem-solving abilities are essential;
- Must be a self-starter, highly organized, detail oriented, and able to multi-task, with the demonstrated ability to prioritize a significant workload in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team.