We are proud to be selected as one of B.C.'s Top Employers for 2022!
If you are looking for an opportunity to contribute your experience, knowledge, and passion in a meaningful way, CLBC is the place for you!
Community Living British Columbia (CLBC) is a Crown corporation responsible for arranging supports and services for adults with developmental disabilities and their families. CLBC staff strive to advance the vision of Communities of belonging, lives with connections. More than just a job, CLBC is about compassion, commitment, contribution, collaboration and community.
As the Manager, Services & Community Engagement-Housing at CLBC, you will be responsible for provincial initiatives to increase access for CLBC eligible individuals to inclusive housing. This will include overseeing a small regional team that will support local activities that increase the availability of inclusive housing. When housing access becomes a less prominent issue, the role will evolve into a more generic role supporting strategic change initiatives; enhancing service delivery; and facilitating and supporting community responses.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading and supporting provincial activities and initiatives to increase access to inclusive housing for CLBC eligible individuals, including activities outlined in the RCI Inclusive Housing Workplan and those identified by Regional Operations leadership. These may include the following:
- Assessing demands, trends, and needs
- Conducting environmental scans, assessing the current state, and conducting root cause analysis
- Collecting and analyzing data on the current and forecasted demand for CLBC services and community resources and producing provincial and regional level reports
- Maintaining an awareness of and responding to Regional Operations housing-related needs
- Providing (housing-related) consultation and support to Regional Operations teams
- Developing project scope, approaches, and implementation strategies
- Managing contracts and grants that advance the teams objectives
As a manager, you will directly supervise approximately 5 staff and be responsible for managing a budget, including human resources, of approximately $1,000,000.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in public or business administration, social services, or a related field of study supplemented by at least 5 years of experience in the community living services field in a leadership role and experience in working with community stakeholders is required
- Knowledge and experience with the development or management of housing or working with housing stakeholders is considered an asset
- A combination of education, training, and experience may be considered
Benefits: You will receive a comprehensive benefits package:
- extended health and dental
- a BC Public Service Pension plan
- generous vacation and special leave to help you achieve work/life balance
- personal days
- paid parental/adoption leave
- life insurance, salary protection for sick days, and if needed, long-term disability
- Wellness supports, including an Employee and Family Assistance Program, and a health and wellness incentive program.
- Professional development programs provide continuous learning and the opportunity for professional development and skill-building
Travel and Flexibility: This position can work from any CLBC office. Utilizing a hybrid working model, this position combines on-site office work with work-from-home flexibility. Occasional travel as required throughout BC. Possession of a Class 5 driver's license and a clean driver's abstract is required.
Term/Status: Permanent/Full time
The health and safety of our team and communities is paramount to CLBC. Accordingly, we require anyone joining our team to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination.
Closing date: June 29, 2022
Successful applicants are subject to a criminal record review check.
Community Living BC is an equal opportunity employer.