Join our team
TELUS Digital is a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company's digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
Our mission is to make life easier for millions of customers - and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, business.telus.com and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of UX and visual designers, content practitioners, full stack developers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities. We value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital (https://www.telus.com/digital)
Here's the impact you'll make
Working within our Business-to-Business (B2B) team, the Intermediate UX Content Writer creates seamless digital experiences for our business customers through thoughtful interface content on our My TELUS desktop and mobile app. We are looking for someone with a strong grasp of user experience design, a passion for user testing, and experience working within multidisciplinary Agile teams.
As part of the B2B My TELUS team, you'll be responsible for ensuring that our interface copy is clear, consistent, jargon-free - and most importantly, matches the TELUS brand, voice and tone. Application of plain language comes easy to you. As a natural storyteller, you'll help drive our content strategy forward within TELUS Digital.
To help you execute, you'll lean on other digital experts in design & user experience, development, testing, analytics, and marketing. You'll help the team deliver a customer first experience by crafting content that helps our business customers complete the task at hand. You choose clarity over creativity - but ideally you strive for both.
Along with representing content interests among other TELUS teams, you help set the direction of TELUS digital content, while creating and optimizing our content standards and processes. Our content writers use their industry expertise to scale our content practice faster.
- Writes accessible user interface content to help our business customers achieve a goal or complete a task
- Creates, owns and updates the content within copy decks as a single source of truth throughout the lifecycle of a digital project
- Writes content that is thoughtful, consistent and conveys the brand voice while shaping the product experience
- Works closely with the content lead and UX/UI designer to develop new user flows and content strategy for all aspects of the customer journey
- Consistently shares their work with the content lead to receive feedback and meets regularly with the content lead for career mentoring
- Actively seeks out analytics data to help inform good content decisions
- Suggests opportunities for user testing where content and design could benefit
- Contributes to the overall culture by sharing learnings and knowledge with peers
- Advocates for content interests while by building strong relationships with team members
- UX content writer with 3 years experience executing projects within multidisciplinary Agile teams
- Strong knowledge of user experience design and a passion for user testing
- Prior experience working closely with UX/UI designers to develop content hierarchies, content strategy, user research, user flows or user personas
- A content portfolio that demonstrates skill at creating copy decks for complex designs involving multiple page user flows with varied functionality
- Comfortable advocating for content strategy, rationale, and building consensus in a highly collaborative environment
- Strong grasp of the needs of developers and QA throughout the project lifecycle and knowledge of how content practitioners can assist them
- Demonstrates an understanding of how changing business requirements throughout the lifecycle of a project can impact content and other disciplines
- Well-versed in the interplay between business, technical and customer needs within the context of creating online content