Field Sales Representative - Toronto South / Hamilton, ON Area
The Best Experience Company
Our tagline is ?The Best Experience Company.? More than just a set of words, it represents the essence of who we are at Springs Window Fashions. As North America's premier window covering company, we're committed to creating the Best Experience for our associates, consumers and end users, business partners, and communities. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of Best Experience opportunities. So, if you're excited about the thought of a Best Experience career with a team focused on creating Best Experiences for all, we want to hear from you!
Your Best Career Experience
As a Field Sales Representative you will play a foundational part of the company's success. You'll be responsible for generating revenue by driving and managing profitable sales of our leading brands and Best Experience services. Your passion for sales and training will drive your success as a Field Sales Representative with the Springs' Retail Sales team. Innovative new product offerings, sales growth, and expansion into new markets has created tremendous opportunity for professional growth and career advancement at Springs. A role as a Field Sales Representative is a great entry point for a starting career at Springs Window Fashions!
Your Best Career Experience Responsibilities
You will be responsible for driving sales for our Bali, Graber, Signature Series, and other Springs branded products to retail stores (e.g., Home Depot, Lowe's, JC Penney, Menard's, Bed Bath & Beyond, etc.), home décor franchises (Budget Blinds), and end customers through retail stores within a defined territory to deliver top line sales revenue and maximize market share. Field Sales Representatives are typically responsible for servicing between 40 and 60 retail stores with combined annual sales of $1- $4 million. Here's a bit more about what you can expect your time to look like:
- Field Sales Representatives spend approximately 70% of their time selling by interacting directly with franchise owners and with retail customers during store visits, through participation in specialty / selling events, and by leveraging our Shop-at-Home programs.
- They conduct retail in store business reviews, product training, and build brand affinity / loyalty with retail management and store associates for SWF brands to directly impact end user purchases and retailer purchases. They conduct business reviews, product training, and build brand affinity / loyalty with franchise owners and associates.
What Spring's Best Experience Means for You
Setting the bar so high means our work is never done. Springs Window Fashions offers incredible opportunities to develop sales skills in a fast-paced consumer products company. We offer a newly designed training program to ensure our recent hired associates are starting their sales career with the right resources and tools to be successful.
- Valuable hands-on experience with big box retailers: focused on selling and customer service
- Paid on-the-job training; in-depth product knowledge sessions via online courses, live online classes, and live sessions in store
- Competitive base salary plus bonus and top-notch benefits
- Compensation for commuting expenses
- Exposure to other roles and functions within SWF
- Career advancement opportunities Requirements:
What We're Looking For
- A bachelor's degree in business or a related field is strongly preferred
- 1-3+ years of experience in retail sales preferred
- Scheduling: This position will work 10+ Saturdays each year
- Most incumbents will be required to drive for extended periods of time and may drive between 15,000 and 40,000 miles annually. Overnight travel may be required (between 2 and 15 days a month, depending on the territory.
- Training/Presentation Skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Customer Service Skills
- Training / Selling Skills
- Understands and uses sales data to identify selling opportunities to increase sales
- Computer/Communication Skills
- Effectively use technology, ie. E-mail, voice mail, hand-held digital assistants. Is comfortable using common office technology software, ie. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Representatives are required to lift stock, sample books, and display parts weighing from 1-15 pounds frequently during a typical workday. The ability to lift up to 50 pounds is sometimes required. When more than 50 pounds must be lifted, representatives are required to obtain assistance from store personnel.
- Work in a store environment with exposure to fork trucks, noise, dust and somewhat variable temperatures is necessary on a daily basis.
- There is often a need to climb stepladders and work from moderate heights while installing and maintaining displays.
How We Work to Deliver a Best Experience: Our Behavioral Competencies
- Ensures Accountability - Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Drive Engagement - Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives
- Instill Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Drive Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Consumer/Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering on customer-centric solutions
- Critical Thinking - Making Sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations
- Optimize Work Processes - Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement