A three-time SABRE Canadian Agency of the Year winner (2015, 2016, 2019) North has achieved unprecedented success since launching in 2011. North disrupts the industry with its approach to PR, influencer, social and digital, establishing itself as a Canadian agency leader.
Where other agencies begin to stagnate, North has found the sweet spot between boutique and large agency: this ?nine-year-old start-up' is running on fresh momentum.
What's the secret? While a slew of major new clients are tapping the team for their unique blend of expertise, many of North's "OG" clients are expanding their work with the agency, fuelling organic growth.
We're an agency all about taking risks, thinking big and a true belief that good ideas can come from anywhere.
(And yes, the rumours are true: North is a "No timesheet agency.")
As a Senior Account Manager, Influencer and Social Media, your job is to partner with clients to relentlessly pursue the best ROI, with a focus on identifying and leveraging new trends, executing programs, and developing client relationships. An essential ingredient of your success is the ability to partner and collaborate with a number of internal and external stakeholders.
This role requires a passionate team leader with very strong creative, strategic thinking and organizational abilities. A strategic, creative and analytical thinker who can create cross-channel media strategies for our clients.
In this position, you will be developing and managing influencer and social media strategies, programs and teams coupled with a solid understanding of the constantly evolving media landscapes. You are a passionate team player with very strong creative, strategic thinking and organizational abilities.
- Proven track record managing client budgets
- Proactively share industry insights and award-winning work with clients to inform strategy
- Very strong in client communications and account management
- New business experience is an asset
- Proficient in social media and digital space
- Experience with social and digital advertising (strategy development is a must; executional experience is an asset)
- Experience developing targeted consumer influencer programs designed to meet and exceed client expectations
- Familiarity with various influencer tools such as Tagger, DoveTail, CreatorIQ
- Developing and implementing strategic social media & digital plans to grow client online presence and impact that map back to program KPIs and business goals
- Leading strategies around customer service related issues to enhance Brand community experience
- Participating in forecasting and managing budgets for a specific set of client accounts; focused on organic growth of existing client base
- Proficiency in insight gathering and analytics; ability to implement an effective reporting strategy on the metrics that matter to measure content performance and make timely suggestions on how to optimize
- Strong social writing; ability to write effective and thumb-stopping social content
- Leading the strategic direction of visual brand content based on client objectives (including video and short format content)
- Ongoing tracking and implementation of industry & brand best practices
- Leading brainstorming sessions
- Coaching, developing and mentoring junior team members
- Ability to foster strong relationships with Integrated Agency Team partners
Our ideal candidate will also possess the following:
- 7-9 years of experience in a social media or influencer agency
- Genuine curiosity about how technology and innovation affects how we communicate and evolves social behaviors
- Bachelor's & post-graduate degree in Communications, Advertising, Media Studies or a related field
- Passionately committed to collaboration
- Excellent cross-functional leadership, presentation and communication skills; dynamic team player
- Shows strong initiative as an entrepreneurial thinker taking independent actions and calculated risks
- Superior time management and organizational abilities
- Strong proficiency in social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, Instagram, Tumblr, WhatsApp and Snapchat, etc...), effective measurement frameworks for social programs
- Experience in running social advertising campaigns
- Strong interpersonal abilities to effectively manage all internal and external relationships, vendors and agency partners
- Ability to be flexible in a changing work environment and work well under pressure
- Skilled at analyzing data, deriving insights and building creative output to meet client objectives
- Refined understanding of community management
Why North Strategic? Something we're most proud of at North is our level of employee engagement. Our employees love coming to work, but also see relationships that extend beyond the work week. As a team we celebrate our company and employee milestones and encourage quality time together. We take pride in our entrepreneurial, creative and empowering culture, a result of our strong commitment to employee engagement.
What we're offering:
- Meaningful work where you can have a direct impact working on some of the biggest brands out there!
- A culture of entrepreneurship, creativity, growth and collaboration
- Work with top talent at an award-winning agency on a serious growth trajectory
- A focused commitment to career development and personal success - let us help you
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits package including substantial time off policies (like really. It's a big deal)
- Oh, and did we mention the perks?! Hybrid work from home/office environment, parental leave top-up program, annual summer offsites, regular social events, teams and clubs, weekly Pilates, snacks, drinks, and NO timesheets! Just to name a few... #workperks
- All staff meetings so you're always in the know
To apply for this position, click "I'm Interested" and easily submit your resume. Note that only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you very much for your interest in working at North Strategic. We look forward to meeting you!
North Strategic is committed workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process