SENIOR MANAGER: BRAND, MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
The York Catholic District School Board invites applications for the position of Senior Manager: Brand, Marketing and Communications (Senior Manager). Under the direction of the Director of Education, the Senior Manager will advance the vision and mission of the York Catholic District School Board (YCDSB) by fostering authentic conversations and deeper engagement with all key stakeholders through a plethora of media channels.
The Senior Manager will provide leadership and expertise to the Communications team as well as growing and protecting the brand, developing a compelling narrative through storytelling and driving all marketing and advertising efforts.
- Lead best-in-class practices and standards for all marketing, promotional, and key communications messages and materials, which ensures that the content reflects the values, traditions, and social teachings of the Catholic Faith.
- Under the direction of the Director of Education, ensure that the Board of Trustees and all internal/external stakeholders are aligned with the brand, our value proposition and strategic goals.
- Direct and oversee the development and execution of a long term communications and marketing strategy that is aligned with the YCDSB's vision, mission and values.
- Manage, motivate and lead a talented communications and marketing team and manage the department’s budget.
- Develop audience insights, gather and analyze internal data and external market research, including competitive insights, in order to advise the senior leadership team of challenges and opportunities.
- Oversee media/public relations and activities and inquiries including cultivating media contacts, garnering earned coverage that protects and promotes a growth mindset and fosters a positive reputation in the community.
- Develop content strategy and oversee the redevelopment of the YCDSB website; ensure overall quality, effectiveness of digital marketing communications and production of multimedia content, liaise with internal IT Department and external agencies to optimize the user experience.
- Work collaboratively with the Communications team, to design, build and maintain the YCDSB's social media presence (Website, Twitter, YouTube, other platforms), curate social media content, develop new and creative digital assets.
- Collaborate with various departments as needed to develop multi-channel, forward-thinking communications and marketing strategies in support of the YCDSB's vision and enrollment goals.
- Develop and manage an efficient communications office, accountability for the school’s marketing and communications budget, as well as the recruitment and retention of agencies, freelancers and internal support staff.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Post-secondary education in communications (including social media management), marketing, journalism or public relations.
- 7 – 10 years of proven, combined expertise in communications, marketing, public relations, branding or journalism.
- Significant experience leading, managing and mentoring a team and working in a highly unionized, complex organization
- Professional experience working in a publicly-funded School Board within Ontario is considered an asset.
- Experience in providing strategic communications counsel to senior leadership, a strong sense of professional judgment, integrity, and political acumen.
- Ability to write and evaluate creative communications for print advertising/publications, digital and social media.
- Experience with an array of multi-media advertising channels, media buying, printing options and promotional opportunities.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- A seasoned, strategic thinker, leading-edge communicator, and a true champion of innovation and inclusive practices with progressive experience in leading, developing and implementing comprehensive and integrated communications and marketing strategies, while advancing the brand position of the YCDSB.
- A self-starter with a collaborative spirit, a technologically savvy professional with strong project management skills who is adept at thinking critically and solving problems as they arise.
- Proven ability to collaborate with colleagues in a collegial and professional manner representing a diverse range of expertise and backgrounds.
- Ability to juggle competing priorities, tight timelines and work well under pressure, exhibit flexibility and affability.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the preservation and strengthening of publicly-funded Catholic education.
- Proven experience leading positive change, empowering people, cultivating product technology visions and innovative solutions.
- Proven experience in assessing, managing and responding to crisis situations.
- Effective team leader and the ability to develop successful working relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading and presentation skills for a variety of audiences.
- Solid practical working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google and a variety of communication technologies.
The York Catholic District School Board has retained the Ontario Education Services Corporation (OESC) to support this recruitment. Referencing the above job title, interested applicants are invited to confidentially submit a detailed resume, a cover letter and three references (who will only be contacted with prior consent).
Requests for additional information on this position may also be sent to the e-mail address above. The deadline for applications is July 5, 2022.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.